• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hawkman #1 cover on Ebay

23 posts in this topic

i gotta think that cover will have no problem topping the 25k mark. i see it ending at 30k.

larry ;]

$30k would be a steal based on the private offers/sales I have seen on his other Hawkman covers that have moved (or attempts have been made to pry them loose) in the last 3 years.

With later Hawkman covers getting solid offers in the $40k range over that time frame it would be puzzling to see #1 go for less than that. And it would make me wish I was liquid enough to go for it right now.

Murphy Anderson Hawkman cloud9.gif

Chris

Heck the actual seller should have listed it on ebay and saved paying the commission to allstar. Commission + Ebay Fees = 893naughty-thumb.gif

The problem may have been concerns that people would think it's a scam if the seller is not a big name collector or dealer.

People at least know the Mannarino's but if Joe Blow puts up a Hawkman 1 cover, people are gonna be like "yeah, right.... yeahok.gif "

rhino. great point. if you have grail type page or cover. and you have only a few feedbacks on ebay. would it be better to go with a allstar or burkey or moy type of dealer that has street cred. to sell your item. than go about it your self.

or just pay the commission. and hope the peice will bring higher bucks. due to a well known dealer. or save on paying the commission. and take a shot and sell it your self. and hope for a nice wind fall ?

what does everyone else think . confused-smiley-013.gif

larry ;]

rhino. great point. if you have grail type page or cover. and you have only a few feedbacks on ebay. would it be better to go with a allstar or burkey or moy type of dealer that has street cred. to sell your item. than go about it your self.

or just pay the commission. and hope the peice will bring higher bucks. due to a well known dealer. or save on paying the commission. and take a shot and sell it your self. and hope for a nice wind fall ?

larry ;]

I honestly think that once the seller pays ebay fees and an additional cut to All Star, they would have been better off selling through Heritage.

solar. so are you agreeing that you would go the route of a big name dealer to sell your page / cover than selling it your self. ?

larry ;]

Nah, I'm personally comfortable selling my big ticket items on my own or through my ebay account (since I have a bunch of feedback).

I'm just saying that if I were in a position where I had a huge item to sell, but very little reputation as a seller, I would go with Heritage or a big auction house that will actually promote the auction and attract high roller bidders, rather than paying a cut to a big name who will just put the item on ebay.

solar. cool i can dig where ya coming from. i my self have over 500 feedback with 100% would have no problem selling my own stuff as well . but if i was a newbie. with very lil feedback. i would go with heritage or maybe even comic link. thanks.

larry ;]

solar. cool i can dig where ya coming from. i my self have over 500 feedback with 100% would have no problem selling my own stuff as well . but if i was a newbie. with very lil feedback. i would go with heritage or maybe even comic link. thanks.

larry ;]

thumbsup2.gif

larry ;]

I honestly think that once the seller pays ebay fees and an additional cut to All Star, they would have been better off selling through Heritage.

I'm pretty sure I know who the seller is. If I do, then he does a lot of business through All Star and is smart enough to arrange a reasonable commission, especially given the dollar value of the item. And he is too busy and makes too much money to worry about doing it himself.

43.1K So what is more shocking, the final price or the winner of the auction??

Final price is about where I thought it would be, especially for Ebay.

Shocking would have been less than $40k.

This is the kind of piece that, if in a dealer's hands, gets $50k cash and trade pretty quickly. For an all cash number this is about right.

Who hit the high bid?

Chris