• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should I have my Avengers 4 restored?

22 posts in this topic

What's the members opinions on restoration? After putting my roach-eaten Avengers 4 up for sell and getting barely a nibble (thanks for the bids Darth and Bonds! grin.gif), I'm thinking about holding on to it. What would restoration do for this book? I'm not going to sell it (not right now anyway). If anyone has any experience with resto (costs, benefits, etc.) please respond.

Here's the pics:

A4.jpg

A41.jpg

In my opinion.

No way would it be worth getting restored.

Any restoration that doesn't get the book up to Silver-Age VF/NM or better doesn't make much sense. To get that book up to that grade, you will spend far more than you will receive. I don't think an extensive NM restored copy would get $400.00.

Right now, it makes no sense to get any book restored (unless it is the type of restoration that would go undetected). shocked.gif

If you really don't want it, sell it for whatever you can get. Better yet, find a few other low grade Avengers that are in a little nicer shape and sell as a lot.

I once contacted Susan Ciccone to do a book for me (a Batman # 2 sorely in need of it)....she quoted me a price between $500 and $750. I passed and just sold it. If you're going to keep the book, and just want to be able to look at it (it IS a great cover) then I would do it, as long as you are familiar with the person doing the work.

JMHO

After putting my roach-eaten Avengers 4 up for sell and getting barely a nibble (thanks for the bids Darth and Bonds! grin.gif),

mad.gif Damn shillers! tongue.gif

If your intent is to sell anytime in the near future then don't restore it. The stigma is overwhelming for Restored Silver age and later, knock prices down into an ideal buyer's market level. If you restore it, you may have to wait until people decide that restoreds are the way to go again frown.gif before you fetch a decent price on it.

Then, he can send it to you to auction for him! You can use the same SHILL ACCOUNTS to do what you're famous for (shill bidding on every one of your deceptive auctions), and the same shady practices of leaving yourself positive feedback that got you banned on Ebay for a period of 1 month!!!

Isn't that true Supa??? I've never heard you deny it. How could you deny it. On Ebay, it's a matter of record.

All I've read about it is in one thread that you beseached Arch to let die once Notch-Top bumped it back to the top of the list. Strange how you can't bump or add to that thread anymore, isn't it? You must have looked humorous on your hands and knees, begging, but then again, that's your favored position!

whatever danny boy, i wasn't suspended, and i wasn't off eBay for a month. it was two weeks for them to verify my ppwk info. so your platinum power seller status snitching arse didn't do jack ! 27_laughing.gif now go colour touch and trim some more books. makepoint.gifyou got no street cred fool! 893whatthe.gif893naughty-thumb.gif and as i mentioned as well as other forumites regarding your private auctions, your SHILLING your own auctions you COWARD! sumo.gif

You're wrong on almost every count:

Not Danny-Boy

Didn't rat you out

Don't trim books

Have plenty of street credit

Not a powerseller

Not a coward

Don't shill auctions

It took Ebay two weeks to evaluate your pp?? 893whatthe.gif After you already had 4 different shill accounts?

Were they ever able to evaluate your pp? I'll bet that all the King's horses and all the King's endocrinologists couldn't evaluate your pp!! makepoint.gif

Hey Matt!!!!! Where's Matt Stanley???

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTT!!!!!!!

Was Supa RedFlagged on Ebay because they were studying his pp or because he was caught red- 893censored-thumb.gif , baboon that he is, shill bidding and leaving himself positive feedback when he "won" auctions with numerous accounts that were his also???

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTT!!!!!

Can you shed some light on Supa's claim to fame in a long series of dishonesty?

Okay, Joanna... You've proven your point...

I know I said there was no way that you could start up a shill account here and act like a raving lunatic and have people believe you were really Hammer...

But I was wrong... you've done a fabulous job. Congrats...

What's the members opinions on restoration? After putting my roach-eaten Avengers 4 up for sell and getting barely a nibble (thanks for the bids Darth and Bonds! grin.gif), I'm thinking about holding on to it. What would restoration do for this book? I'm not going to sell it (not right now anyway). If anyone has any experience with resto (costs, benefits, etc.) please respond.

Here's the pics:

A4.jpg

A41.jpg

Don't restore it !

Look at all those unrestored avengers #4 that nobody can sell at guide !

I don't know what this book is so difficult to sell, so imagine a restored copy...

(Maybe this issue is too easy to find confused-smiley-013.gif ).

i don't own a fax machine or printer danny jackarse, makepoint.gif had to go to kinko's to print out ppwk to be returned. then i mailed it to safeharbour in Utah. got anymore disinformation questions to try to misdirect the attention crybaby? ma.gif and don't try to drag notch_top into this, here's a PM to prove it wasn't an intentional shill for a reserve not set:

Re: Visit...

Supa,

I am not telling you anything at this point. Just trying to give you a heads up that not everyone is as they seem .

Not sure how I feel about the bidding on your own auctions thing to save listing fees. I could give a [!@#%^&^] less about ebay , but seems like that might cause more people to bid with you are a high bidder for them to go up against.

But whatever.....It does not affect me in anyway and I am not an ebay cop so you do what you think is right.

In the end I just hope some people can look past all the [!@#%^&^] and see a little more clearly.

While I don't drink much I do prefer other methods of "relaxing"

Peace..eh?

M

henker.giftick tock tick tock 27_laughing.gif

Can you shed some light on Supa's claim to fame in a long series of dishonesty?

Supa's cool.

He admitted his mistake - publicly, and didn't run away like a scared rabbit when confronted by the forum.

In my mind, forgive and forget. Well, forgive anyway. Unfortunately there are forum members that won't let us forget. frown.gif

However, some people are completely opposite. They will continue to deceive, or at least try to.

Who's Matt?

Elrod,

Breaking out the BS PM'S??

I think this is one subject you should let die down, or at least admit your shortcomings.

You DID bid on your own auctions, with your "thehurtingman" account , Which was changed to infinitecapcity as some twisted joke on me??

And left yourself stellar feedback after winning some of them.

"infinitecapcity( 105) Not a registered user May-09-02 15:52:36 PST 1071776472 S

Praise : ACCURATE GRADER!!! beautiful books and outstanding packaging...EXCELLENT SELLER! "

IP addresses from this account and your personal account are identical , as you sent me several e-mails from both. And via PM's you admit to other forum members that you were bidding on your own books to avoid paying ebay reserve fees....Plus some e-mails to me as well from your hurtingman hotmail account, specifying that it was your "buying" account. Well I guess so.....

Since you and many other on this forum seem to be so adamant with tracking other peoples actions, I think you should set it straight here. You got caught redhanded, ebay bounced you for almost a month and after you sent them proof of identity for your SUPAPIMP account and ignored the other e-mails to your shill account they brought you back.

That's the truth... And my two cents as my name was brought in to this as some sort of defense on your part I felt the need to correct that.

Thank you for setting the record straight on Ellie's bogus (shill) emails from, supposedly, you. I've made a copy of the thread for myself. With Supa revealed as a bald-faced liar, it won't be long until Supa uses his "influence" with Arch to have the thread deep-sixed. We both know that.

When the other side of the story is revealed, the entire distorted picture always pulls nicely into focus.

Of note, ironically, the ancient Cantonese God of Lies and deceit was named Dorle, which is Elrod spelled backwards!!

Of course, when he returns home from bartending this evening, there will be the classic screaming and yelling, "Danny this...Danny that..I'll kick your arse, I'll 893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif, and I'll 893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif you 893censored-thumb.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif". All because once again he was caught red handed concocting fake emails to back up fake stories about how he was booted from Ebay for a month for shill bidding and shill feedbacking his own auctions.

And this, is the Forum Valdedictorian?

Thank you for setting the record straight on Ellie's bogus (shill) emails from, supposedly, you. I've made a copy of the thread for myself. With Supa revealed as a bald-faced liar, it won't be long until Supa uses his "influence" with Arch to have the thread deep-sixed. We both know that.

When the other side of the story is revealed, the entire distorted picture always pulls nicely into focus.

Of note, ironically, the ancient Cantonese God of Lies and deceit was named Dorle, which is Elrod spelled backwards!!

Wow, Joanna... you have really done a spectacular job recreating Hammer for us... It gets a little creepy sometimes, but truly amazing work...

I really miss Hammer, he lent a unique perspective to the forum, and I was sorry to see him go. But at least if we can't have him back, we have your alterego of MrNice to help fill the void...

Great job Joanna... Great job...

Wow, Joanna... you have really done a spectacular job recreating Hammer for us... It gets a little creepy sometimes, but truly amazing work...

I really miss Hammer, he lent a unique perspective to the forum, and I was sorry to see him go. But at least if we can't have him back, we have your alterego of MrNice to help fill the void...

Great job Joanna... Great job...

confused-smiley-013.gifconfused.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif