• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arlington Virginia

24 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone knew of a comic store in or near Arlington Virginia. I'm here for another day or so on business and feel the need to visit a comic store. Perhaps to buy a OSPG or look through a few back issues.

I'm staying at the Radisson Hotel on the Jefferson Hwy. if that helps any...

Do you have a car? If you do, there are a few good ones. Phoenix Comics has a store in Fairfax and a new location in Lansdowne, E.G. Comics in Vienna is good, and the Big Planets are OK.

If you do NOT have a car, take the subway to Alexandria and go to Aftertime Comics on King Street.

Do you have a car? If you do, there are a few good ones. Phoenix Comics has a store in Fairfax and a new location in Lansdowne, E.G. Comics in Vienna is good, and the Big Planets are OK.

If you do NOT have a car, take the subway to Alexandria and go to Aftertime Comics on King Street.

Brought the car, and if Painted Visions is still in Woodbridge I might stop by there. Lorton VA used to be my old stomping grounds back in my high school days. Might stop by the Aftertime Comics.

I have yet to locate any "good" comic stores in Columbus OHIO and I'd figure there'd be some good ones here in Arlington.

Painted Visions is still there, but they have very few back issues. Aftertime is like somebody's attic, books just in piles.

Phoenix Comics here just bought the Laughing Ogre in Columbus, which is now becoming a pretty good store.

I don't know the exact address, as I don't think it "exists" yet in Mapquest frustrated.gif Its in the new Lansdowne Town Center deal. Go to the intersection of 7 and Belmont Ridge Road. If you are coming north, turn right and go in, they're in the new area with all the restaurants.

edit - here's their webpage with the new address on it.

Wish I had known that, I work at the Pentagon. Could have met up for lunch or a few beers after work. If you are ever here again drop me a PM.

Will do! Hell, when I make Major in a few years it's most likely I'll be assigned at the Pentagon. What do you do there?

I don't know the exact address, as I don't think it "exists" yet in Mapquest frustrated.gif Its in the new Lansdowne Town Center deal. Go to the intersection of 7 and Belmont Ridge Road. If you are coming north, turn right and go in, they're in the new area with all the restaurants.

Luckily I have GPS in my car, I'll definately make a point in stopping by there tomorrow.

I've been to the Laughing Ogre in Columbus a few months ago, me being a mostly GA collector was not that impressed.

Luckily I have GPS in my car, I'll definately make a point in stopping by there tomorrow.

I've been to the Laughing Ogre in Columbus a few months ago, me being a mostly GA collector was not that impressed.

OH. If you're a Golden Age collector, there's no reason to go to any shops in the DC area. Your best bet for Golden Age is probably then Barbarian Books in Wheaton (they have a lot of GA, but their prices are high), or, if you want to take a ride, Cards Comics Collectibles in Reisterstown, MD. Actually, if you're looking for Golden Age, that's the only place to go. Roughly 70 miles north of Arlington.

Phoenix Comics in Herndon has a nice selection also, thought I shop I attend every wednesday is the Fairfax location.

Phoenix Comics in Herndon has a nice selection also, thought I shop I attend every wednesday is the Fairfax location.

The Herndon location is closed 893censored-thumb.gif, they've moved to the new Landsdowne location.

I did not know they were going to close the Herndon shop.... foreheadslap.gif

The Herndon store is five minutes from my house. The Lansdowne location is 15 miles. frustrated.gif

Well, its open, I think, still have the lease. Just not much to it now that its mostly moved. The plan was to fill it with hundreds of longboxes full of 90s books. Turn it into a warehouse.

I haven't gone into a shop around here looking for anything other than new books in a real long time.