• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Series Opportunities San Diego Comic Con International - July 25-29

73 posts in this topic

Usually CGC recommends you work out an arrangement where you send your books to one of the authorized CGC Witnesses that are attending these events.

There are many who are attending San Diego who are on this message board nearly every day - like ComicFreak, thecollector, jonjesper.

hi.gif

No love for the Frisco Kid frown.gif

grin.gif

Are any witnesses planning on eattending any of the panels? I'd love to get a Groening SS book. headbang.gif

Does he do Signatures? maybe afer I show him my Simpsons commission?

What if I'm attending and want to get sigs at various times/days (I want to be there when the book is signed, not just drop it off at the CGC booth)? It may be hard to co-ordinate one right after the other. How many times can I call you up before I become a REAL BIG PAIN IN THE *SPOON*? Just curious. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

With a show as big as San Diego it's going to be difficult for us to delegate Witnesses to go with you to signings. There's just too much going on at the same time.

That being said, some of the Dealers/Witnesses who are going to SD will be attending panels and signing lines in the hopes of getting their, and their customers', books done.

Groening generally does one limited signing in the autograph area, and in my experience, he will not sign anywhere else, not even at his company's booth. Update: thanks Kris for proving me wrong. Guess he does do one signing at the Bongo booth.

Perhaps if you were going to specific panels for specific autographs you could post the question (like the Groening question) here and see if any of these Witnesses are planning to attend and they could make arrangements to watch you get it signed and bring you back down to the booth afterwards?

Official Press Release

On July 25, members of the DC Comics staff and freelance community will be on hand for Comic-Con International: San Diego. As always, DC Comics has guests, giveaways and panels at the convention.

Guests of DC Comics scheduled to be at the convention include:

* Jason Aaron (SCALPED, THE OTHER SIDE)

* Brian Azzarello (100 BULLETS, LOVELESS, TALES OF THE UNEXPECTED)

* Tony Bedard (COUNTDOWN, BIRDS OF PREY)

* Adam Beechen (COUNTDOWN, ROBIN, TEEN TITANS)

* Mark Buckingham (FABLES)

* Cecil Castellucci (THE PLAIN JANES)

* Paul Dini (DETECTIVE COMICS, COUNTDOWN)

* Joshua Dysart (SWAMP THING)

* Christos N. Gage (STORMWATCH PHD)

* Justin Gray (COUNTDOWN, UNCLE SAM AND THE FREEDOM FIGHTERS, JONAH HEX)

* J.G. Jones (52)

* Jim Lee (ALL STAR BATMAN AND ROBIN, THE BOY WONDER)

* Sean McKeever (COUNTDOWN, TEEN TITANS)

* Jesus Merino (SUPERMAN)

* Grant Morrison (52, ALL STAR SUPERMAN, BATMAN)

* Carlos Pacheco (SUPERMAN)

* Karen Palinko (DC Direct sculptor)

* Jimmy Palmiotti (COUNTDOWN, UNCLE SAM AND THE FREEDOM FIGHTERS, JONAH HEX)

* Ivan Reis (GREEN LANTERN)

* Jim Rugg (THE PLAIN JANES)

* Gail Simone (BIRDS OF PREY, GEN13, WELCOME TO TRANQUILITY)

* Bill Willingham (FABLES, JACK OF FABLES, SHADOWPACT)

* Brian Wood (DMZ, NORTHLANDERS)

Many other members of DC's freelance community are scheduled to be at the convention, including:

* Daniel Acuña (GREEN LANTERN, UNCLE SAM AND THE FREEDOM FIGHTERS)

* Aaron Alexovich (CONFESSIONS OF A BLABBERMOUTH, KIMMIE66)

* Brent Anderson (ASTRO CITY)

* Marc Andreyko (MANHUNTER, FRIDAY THE 13TH)

* Eddy Barrows (COUNTDOWN TO ADVENTURE, THE ALL-NEW ATOM)

* Chris Batista (52, JLA)

* Joe Benitez (JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA)

* Ryan Benjamin (GRIFTER/MIDNIGHTER)

* Joe Bennett (ALL-FLASH, 52, BIRDS OF PREY, CHECKMATE)

* Marc Bernardin (THE HIGHWAYMEN)

* Jim Calafiore (COUNTDOWN)

* Ross Campbell (WATER BABY)

* Mike Carey (RE-GIFTERS, CONFESSIONS OF A BLABBERMOUTH, CROSSING MIDNIGHT)

* Cliff Chiang (TALES OF THE UNEXPECTED)

* Matthew Clark (OUTSIDERS)

* Amanda Conner (GREEN ARROW/BLACK CANARY WEDDING SPECIAL)

* Darwyn Cooke (THE SPIRIT, SUPERMAN CONFIDENTIAL)

* Carlos D'Anda (JLA CLASSIFIED, DEATHBLOW)

* Shane Davis (SUPERMAN/BATMAN, MYSTERY IN SPACE)

* Manuel Garcia (COUNTDOWN)

* Alé Garza (TEEN TITANS)

* Randy Green (TEEN TITANS)

* Sanford Greene (WONDER GIRL, LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES IN THE 31ST CENTURY)

* Renato Guedes (ACTION COMICS, SUPERGIRL)

* Gene Ha (JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA, TOP 10)

* Jesse Hamm (GOOD AS LILY)

* Cully Hamner (BLUE BEETLE)

* Scott Hampton (SIMON DARK, BATMAN: GOTHAM COUNTY LINE)

* Marc Hempel (RE-GIFTERS)

* Adam Hughes (CATWOMAN covers)

* Phil Jimenez (INFINITE CRISIS)

* Geoff Johns (GREEN LANTERN, BOOSTER GOLD, INFINITE CRISIS)

* Peter Johnson (SUPERNATURAL: ORIGINS)

* Christopher Jones (BATMAN STRIKES)

* Dan Jurgens (BOOSTER GOLD, COUNTDOWN)

* Don Kramer (DETECTIVE COMICS)

* David Lapham (SILVERFISH)

* Sonny Liew (RE-GIFTERS)

* John Lucas (THE EXTERMINATORS)

* Dwayne McDuffie (JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA, JLA: THE WEDDING SPECIAL)

* Mike McKone (TEEN TITANS, STORMWATCH PHD covers)

* Shawn McManus (AQUAMAN: SWORD OF ATLANTIS)

* Joshua Middleton (OUTSIDERS: METAMORPHO/AQUAMAN, AMERICAN VIRGIN covers)

* Todd Nauck (TEEN TITANS GO!, 52)

* Dustin Nguyen (SUPERMAN/BATMAN)

* Mike Norton (THE ALL-NEW ATOM)

* Simon Oliver (THE EXTERMINATORS)

* M.K. Perker (CAIRO)

* Paul Pope (BATMAN: YEAR 100)

* Whilce Portacio (BATMAN CONFIDENTIAL, WETWORKS)

* Greg Rucka (52, CHECKMATE)

* Tim Sale (SUPERMAN CONFIDENTIAL, BATMAN: THE LONG HALLOWEEN)

* Ethan Van Sciver (GREEN LANTERN: SINESTRO CORPS SPECIAL)

* Scott Shaw (CAPTAIN CARROT AND THE LAST ARC)

* Mark Verheiden (SUPERMAN/BATMAN)

* Matt Wagner (BATMAN AND THE MONSTER MEN)

* Brad Walker (ACTION COMICS)

* Freddie E. Williams II (ROBIN, OUTSIDERS: NIGHTWING/BOOMERANG)

* J.H. Williams III (DETECTIVE COMICS, CROSSING MIDNIGHT covers)

* G. Willow Wilson (CAIRO)

Led by DC Comics President & Publisher Paul Levitz, DC Comics will be in San Diego in force, with staff members from across the company.

Editors attending the convention include Senior VP — Executive Editor, DCU Dan DiDio, Senior VP — Executive Editor Karen Berger, Executive Editor, WildStorm Scott Dunbier, Senior Group Editor Mike Carlin, Group Editors Eddie Berganza, Shelly Bond and Bob Schreck, Senior Editors Joey Cavalieri, Matt Idelson and Mike Marts, Editors Ben Abernathy, Will Dennis, Joan Hilty, Scott Peterson, Mike Siglain and Jonathan Vankin, Editorial Art Director Mark Chiarello and DCU Coordinating Editor Jann Jones. WildStorm VP — General Manager Hank Kanalz will be at the show, as will Managa Editor Jim Chadwick and Director of Manga Asako Suzuki.

DC Direct staffers scheduled to be in San Diego include VP — Design & DC Direct Creative Georg Brewer, VP — Business Development, DC Direct Jeff Trojan, Director — Product Management, DC Direct Syndee Barwick, Art Directors Evan Metcalf and Shawn Knapp and Account Manager Steven Schweiger.

From the Licensing Department, look for Senior VP — Brand Management Cheryl Rubin, Executive Creative Director David Erwin, Manager — Licensing Kevin Kiniry and Assistant Art Director Sonia Choi.

Senior VP — Creative Director Richard Bruning will be at the con on behalf of DC's Creative Services Department, as will Director — Creative Services Ron Perazza, Manager — DC Online Dave McCullough and Online Editor Kwanzaa Johnson.

DC's Legal Department will be represented by Senior VP — Business & Legal Affairs Paula Lowitt and Deputy General Counsels Jay Kogan and Rich Palermo.

VP — Managing Editor Terri Cunningham will be at the convention from Editorial Adminstration, along with Executive Director — Editorial Adminstration Jack Mahan, Manager — Editorial Contract Administration Larry Ganem, Editorial Scheduling Adminstrator Paul Moore and Editorial Administration Operations Coordinator Chris Conroy.

VP — Business Development John Nee will be at the convention, as will Director — Business Development Andrea Shochet. Group Editor — Licensed Publishing Steve Korté will be there as well, along with Senior Editor, MAD Jonathan Bresman.

Also scheduled to be at the show are Senior VP — Creative Affairs Gregory Noveck, Creative Associate — Creative Affairs Ivan Cohen and Executive Assistant Will Hackner.

From DC's Ad Sales Department, VP — Advertising Sales & Custom Publishing MaryEllen McLaughlin will be in attendance, as will National Sales Director — Advertising Joanna Harp and Regional Sales Managers, Advertising and Publishing Kris Longo, and Matt Moore.

The Sales & Marketing department will be on hand as well, including VP — Marketing John Cunningham, VP — Sales Bob Wayne, VP — Book Trade Sales Sue Pohja, Director — Marketing Gayley Carillo, Publicity Director David Hyde, Manager — Events & Retailer Services Fletcher Chu-Fong, Manager — Marketing Services Matt Keller, Manager — Direct Sales Vince Letterio, Publicity Manager Alex Segura, Manager — Book Trade Sales Alicia Wilson, Account Executive — Book Trade Sales Rachel Henderson, Administrator — Direct Sales Stuart Schreck, Representative — Marketing Publications Dan DiGiacomo, Representive — Direct Sales Joe Hughes, Representative Events & Retailer Services Rex Ogle and Publicity Coordinator Austin Trunick.

Watch for an annnouncement of DC's panels and giveaways coming soon. Please note that this information is subject to change. For more information on the convention, visit www.comic-con.org .

Kev, got this through Scoop (appears to be the only place it is listed)

Comic-Con: Marvel Lineup

Industry News, Scoop, Friday, July 13, 2007

Are you one of the fortunate folks attending this year's Comic-Con International: San Diego? If so, you'll be especially interested in this extensive list of Marvel artists, writers, and staff who'll be on-hand throughout the weekend.

Check out the list below:

Pierre Alary

Paul Benjamin

Lee Bermejo

Simone Bianchi

Tim Bradstreet

Reilly Brown

Ed Brubaker

Mike Carey

Peter David

Warren Ellis

David Finch

Matt Fraction

Chris Giarusso

Adi Granov

Marc Guggenheim

Gurihiru

Greg Horn

Paul Jenkins

Karl Kesel

Charles Knauf

Scott Kolins

Craig Kyle

Steve Lieber

Mike Lilly

Ron Lim

Joseph Michael Linser

Jeph Loeb

Steve McNiven

Stuart Moore

David Nakayama

Greg Pak

Jeff Parker

Khoi Pham

Paul Pope

Joe Quesada

Humberto Ramos

Brian Reed

Bill Reinhold

Esad Ribic

John Romita Jr.

Michael Ryan

Dan Slott

J. Michael Strczynski

Billy Tan

Roy Thomas

Dexter Vines

Zeb Wells

Chris Yost

Skottie Young

Leinil Yu

For more information, visit http://www.marvel.com or http://comic-con.org.

Hi,

Can someone give me a quick "how to" on getting sigs witnessed?

I'll be at SanDiego and have a few books I'd like to get signed by Fabry(with possible sketches since he hasnt finished my commission yet from 2002, but I digress). Do I just contact one of the verifiers and we walk over to his table together, than walk to CGC's table together and I pay and submit them right then and there?

Thanks,

Mike

You can make arrangements with a Witness in advance who will be attending, to have them meet you and go to the signing. That way you are guaranteed to be able to ask Fabry for a sketch on your book(s). They will walk back with you and do the paperwork. The books get submitted under their account.

Or you can simply go to the CGC booth (fees paid upfront) and leave your books and we will get them signed for you, then submit them for grading and encapsulation, and they will be mailed back to you when done. We don't always have staff available to accompany people to signings and we don't take sketch requests, just signature requests (otherwise everyone would want sketches).

I plan on attending the show on Thursday and Sunday. If I drop off a book to get signed & graded but the artist doesn't attend the Comic Con, is the book just returned to me with the rest of the books? (or will there still be a fee charged).

Also, will all of the Witnesses be sitting at the CGC booth? Does every Witness charge the same amount to get the signatures, or is it free (a service CGC provides as part of their grading fees). And lastly, if the Witnesses do charge a fee, what determines what the fee is?

Thanks!

>I plan on attending the show on Thursday and Sunday. If I drop off a book to get signed & graded but the artist doesn't attend the Comic Con, is the book just returned to me with the rest of the books? (or will there still be a fee charged).

Yes the book will need to be returned if it doesn't get signed. If you have other books submitted that are done, the unsigned ones will be returned with them at no charge, or, if the guest is attending another upcoming show such as Wizard Chicago we could get it done there for you.

Or if you drop it off on Thursday, you can pick the unsigned comic up on Sunday if it doesn't get done. No charge.

>Also, will all of the Witnesses be sitting at the CGC booth?

None of them will be sitting at the CGC booth, but almost all of them will be checking in with the CGC booth from time to time over the course of the event.

> Does every Witness charge the same amount to get the signatures, or is it free (a service CGC provides as part of their grading fees).

If submitted directly to CGC you get one charge, but the charge is higher than the grading fees. Witnesses are taken care of from the fee.

For example, moderns are $27 for Signature Series.

> And lastly, if the Witnesses do charge a fee, what determines what the fee is?

Witnesses charge their fees if you give books to take to the show on their your behalf and that fee is determined by their costs.

I will be attending with a full team. There should be no signature me and my team can't get.

I'm not trying to be funny here, but am seriously curious about a few possibilities.

Neil Gaiman

Ray Bradbury

Matt Groening

Dave Stevens

Mike Mignola

Frank MIller

I know these are the ultimate high-end names, but wanted to give it a shot, you don't know if you don't try!

Thank you!!!

THE HERO INITIATIVE WILL WOW AT SAN DIEGO COMIC CON INTERNATIONAL 2007

LOS ANGELES (July 20, 2007) – Booths 3848 and 3850 is going to knock your socks off at this year’s San Diego Comic Con International! The Hero Initiative is being generously sponsored by GameTap, the ever-expanding playground of video games from the arcade classics to console and PC hits. SDCC runs from July 25-29, 2007 so don’t miss out on any of the following awesome booth and convention activities!

MARVEL VS DC SOFTBALL GAME

Join us for the second annual Marvel Vs DC Softball Game on Thursday, July 26 at 3 pm at San Diego’s Morley Field. Players such as Joe Quesada, Humberto Ramos and John Romita Jr. will be battling Jim Calafiore, Adam Hughes and Dan Jurgens softball style to see who will win the coveted Stan Lee Trophy! Travel to the game in style and buy your roundtrip transportation tickets now at http://www.dynamicforces.com/htmlfiles/softball2007.html. And the first 40 orders will get a free New Avengers #31 Sketch Cover variant as well. All ticket proceeds benefit The Hero Initiative. Also, bidding is open NOW for a spot on the DC team: http://qurls.com?i=2806 or on the Marvel team: http://qurls.com?i=2807!

WIN LUNCH WITH C.B. CEBULSKI

Bid NOW for the opportunity to win lunch and the ultimate portfolio review with Marvel writer and editor C.B. Cebulski! Go to http://qurls.com?i=2808 now!

WIN THE ULTIMATE COLLECTOR EXPERIENCE: LUNCH WITH CGC!

Chances are if you're going to San Diego ComicCon, you're a hardcore comic collector. Well, we have the ultimate behind-the-scenes experience for you…Bid NOW at http://qurls.com?i=2799 for the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to spend some quality time and get the ultimate inside scoop from the grading and restoration experts at CGC, our hobby’s only independent third party certification company. Both CGC President and Primary Grader Steve Borock and Vice-President and Senior Grader Mark Haspel will show ONLY TWO lucky winners how top-flight grading is done and how restoration is detected. This has NEVER been done by CGC in the past, and may never be done again! The class and lunch will take place near the San Diego Convention Center on Saturday, July 28 at 12 PM.

LOVE AND CAPES T-SHIRT FUNDRAISER

Thom Zahler, creator of the hit "heroically super" romantic comedy comic "Love and Capes" presents the exclusive Love and Capes red "comic-con" version t-shirt, featuring the main characters, Crusader and Abby, on the front, and The Hero Initiative logo emblazoned on the back. The shirts will be available with a donation to The Hero Initiative at Comic-Con International in San Diego. Sizes and quantities will be limited. Pick up your shirt at the Love and Capes/Maerkle Press booth (#2000) at Comic-Con. Not going to be in San Diego and still really want one? For just $10.00, you can get the con-exclusive red shirt shipped to you and receive it in early August. For more info, including full color photos of models wearing the actual shirts, and the opportunity to order your very own, visit: www.loveandcapes.com.

THE HERO INITIATIVE FINANCIAL PANEL

On Saturday, JULY 28, from 6:00–7:00 pm, don’t miss our second annual financial panel, The Hero Initiative: I'm Supposed to Retire on This?! in Room 30CDE. When you're a professional in comics, you are in charge of your own destiny, including paying your taxes and funding your retirement. But how are you supposed to save any money when Uncle Sam takes it all? And if you do have any money left over, where do you put it—IRAs, SEPs, savings accounts or bank CDs, what's the difference? Harlan Wenig (independent financial advisor) and Joe Davidson (registered tax preparer) explore the financial aspects of being a comic book professional.

BOOTH TALENT SCHEDULE

WED, 25 JUL (con hours 6-9)

630-730: Scott Koblish

THU, 26 JUL (con hours 10-7)

1200-200: Arthur Suydam

200-300: Chris Gage

300-400: Kevin Eastman

345-445: Terry Moore

500-600: Andy Kuhn

600-700: Ron Marz and Greg Tocchini

FRI, 27 JUL (con hours 10-7)

1000-1100: Keith Champagne and Andy Smith

1100-1230: Darwyn Cooke

1230-130: Lee Moder

130-230: J.H. Williams

230-330: Matt Haley

330-400: Brian Pulido

500-600: Joe Quesada

SAT, 28 JUL (con hours 10-7)

1100-1200: Michael Stackpole

1200-100: Dan Jurgens

100-200: Jim Valentino

200-230: Peter Chung

300-400: Joe Benitez

400-500: Francis Manapul

500-600: John Romita Jr.

600-700: Phil Hester

SUN, 29 JUL (con hours 10-5)

1000-1100: Bill Tucci and Mark Sparacio

1100-1200: Cully Hamner

1200-100: Roy Thomas

100-145: Dan Slott

200-300: Brian Pulido

300-430: Arthur Suydam

For more information on San Diego Comic Con International, visit http://www.comic-con.org/cci/index.php.

The Hero Initiative is the first-ever federally chartered not-for-profit corporation dedicated strictly to helping comic book creators in need. Hero creates a financial safety net for yesterdays' creators who may need emergency medical aid, financial support for essentials of life, and an avenue back into paying work. It's a chance for all of us to give back something to the people who have given us so much enjoyment.

# # #

For further information, contact:

Janine Bielski

310-909-7809

HeroInitiative@aol.com

www.HeroInitiative.org

I will be attending with a full team. There should be no signature me and my team can't get.

I'm not trying to be funny here, but am seriously curious about a few possibilities.

Neil Gaiman

Ray Bradbury

Matt Groening

Dave Stevens

Mike Mignola

Frank MIller

I know these are the ultimate high-end names, but wanted to give it a shot, you don't know if you don't try!

Thank you!!!

Dave Stevens and Mike Mignola should be obtainable.

Bradbury, Groening and Gaiman will be tough, as the signings will be limited in time and number of items per person they will autograph.

Miller, highly unlikely. Last year I don't even know if he did a signing anywhere. I just saw him at the Eisner Awards.

Dave Stevens and Mike Mignola should be obtainable.

Bradbury, Groening and Gaiman will be tough, as the signings will be limited in time and number of items per person they will autograph.

Miller, highly unlikely. Last year I don't even know if he did a signing anywhere. I just saw him at the Eisner Awards.

Miller did his "300" preview and had a brief meet and greet afterward, but you had to get the right colored ticket. I didn't know if he would be more approachable this year or not.

I feared the other three would be nigh-unobtainable. Now I've gotta check and see what I've got in high grade for Mignola and Stevens!

Thanks!!!

Really idiotic question:

I'm going to Comic-Con on Saturday (maybe Thursday as well if one of the signings that I want to be at is then) and I'm still not all that clear on how I'd get a CGC representative to watch Michael Turner, Leinil Yu, Frank Cho, Stan Lee and maybe a couple others sign my books. (shrug)

Would someone mind helping me out?