• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Series Opportunities San Diego Comic Con International - July 25-29

73 posts in this topic

Really idiotic question:

I'm going to Comic-Con on Saturday (maybe Thursday as well if one of the signings that I want to be at is then) and I'm still not all that clear on how I'd get a CGC representative to watch Michael Turner, Leinil Yu, Frank Cho, Stan Lee and maybe a couple others sign my books. (shrug)

Would someone mind helping me out?

I can't really give you a clear cut answer. San Diego is a huge convention and we are spread pretty thin. When people come to me at the CGC booth they usually drop the books off and we get them signed for them, as we will have Witnesses going to see those creators on the weekend to get books signed.

If one of our Witnesses is going to a specific signing that you want to get books done at, we'll try to hook you up with them and if they can they'll stick around and watch you get your books signed and bring you back to the booth.

If we have someone to spare, we can send a Witness with you to see someone like Frank Cho, who usually stays in one place over the weekend (at the Image booth) and walk you back.

Saturday, unfortunately, will be insanely busy, and will be probably the most unsuccessful day for getting books signed for Signature Series. The earlier that you see us the better.

I can't really give you a clear cut answer. San Diego is a huge convention and we are spread pretty thin. When people come to me at the CGC booth they usually drop the books off and we get them signed for them, as we will have Witnesses going to see those creators on the weekend to get books signed.

If one of our Witnesses is going to a specific signing that you want to get books done at, we'll try to hook you up with them and if they can they'll stick around and watch you get your books signed and bring you back to the booth.

If we have someone to spare, we can send a Witness with you to see someone like Frank Cho, who usually stays in one place over the weekend (at the Image booth) and walk you back.

Saturday, unfortunately, will be insanely busy, and will be probably the most unsuccessful day for getting books signed for Signature Series. The earlier that you see us the better.

Alright, thanks for the help. I definitely would think that it'd be easier just to drop them off to you guys, but I'd really like to meet these artists/writers as well. Maybe work out if I dropped off the books to you guys and I could still wait in line and at least meet Michael Turner/Leinil/etc by myself.

And these are actually going to be the first books I've ever sent in to be graded. So will I need to set something else up for that? Or will I just give you guys my name and address and so on?

Yes, the invoice is done before we take the books in so you have a receipt. Payment is also required up front. I recommend payment by credit card, that way if for some reason your books are not signed, then your card is not charged.

Got my Radioactive man comics on the way :banana: .

and yet another Question: When dropping the books off can you designate who you want to witness the sig? I'm just thinking about shipping charges from multiple witnesses.

I think you are still confused by the process.

If you drop books off at the CGC booth for Signature Series you are going to get them back directly from CGC. You can't designate who Witnesses the signatures, I give them to whichever Witness is available to go and get the autograph. If you drop off 10 books for 10 different creators they may be Witnessed by 10 different Witnesses, but that has no effect on what you are charged or how the books are shipped back, because the Witnesses do not ship these back to you - CGC does.

However, if you choose to send the books to a Witness/Dealer (like the ones who populate this forum), then they will be shipping you the books as they are acting as your agent.

Got my Radioactive man comics on the way :banana: .

and yet another Question: When dropping the books off can you designate who you want to witness the sig? I'm just thinking about shipping charges from multiple witnesses.

I think you are still confused by the process.

That pretty much sums it up doh!

I'm still confused about other things, but I think I finally understand this (thumbs u Thanks for your patience

Signature Series prices are:

Modern $27 (post-1975, valued under $200)

Economy $34 (pre-1975, valued under $250)

Standard $54 (valued between $251 and 1000)

Express $84 (valued between $1001 and 4000)

That's for one signature plus grading fees. Additional signatures are $5 each, unless the creators are sitting right next to one another.

Shipping depends on method. For USPS, one book, insured under $100 is about $17. Goes up from there.

Signature Series prices are:

Modern $27 (post-1975, valued under $200) Valued how? The main comic I want signed is The Mighty Avengers #1 variant, and for a really good grade of it at a place like Wizard is "valued" at $314.99 and I got my copy for $20 at my local comic store.

Economy $34 (pre-1975, valued under $250)

Standard $54 (valued between $251 and 1000)

Express $84 (valued between $1001 and 4000)

That's for one signature plus grading fees. Additional signatures are $5 each, unless the creators are sitting right next to one another.

Shipping depends on method. For USPS, one book, insured under $100 is about $17. Goes up from there. Okay. And is there a discount or anything if you're sending multiple books at the same time?

There are no discounts on grading fees for Signature Series.

One exception: an already graded book that is cracked out for a signature, you get a $5 credit when it is resubmitted for signatures series.

The more books you do the cheaper the shipping costs get. One book may cost $17, but two books cost as low as $19 (and change).