• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heroe's Convention

150 posts in this topic

Hey guys. I got back from Heroes last night. Had a great time. I go mostly to talk to the artists and get cheap trades. As usual, the show was well organized and a pleasure to attend. I've posted a bunch of photos at the link if anyone wants to check it out. Already looking forward to next year:)

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=50710

nice pix! To be honest, I had the kids upstairs with my wife, so time was ticking. I didn't even read who was going to be there...looks like I missed out a lot from an artist perspective. That's where most of the activity seemed to be. The dealers appeared somewhat down in attendance this year compared to last.

I didn't have a camera with me...glad you got the Surfer at the entrance. Also saw a Spidey and the Ghostbusters somewhere... tongue.gif

Thanks guys. Yeah, I have a shot of the Ghostbusters guys..I havea shot of a girl in a Spidey type suit, but no guy..

Yeah, it was great if your'e going for the artists, but your'e right, the dealers were definitely thinner this year than last. I was hoping at least one OA dealer would be there, but there wasn't. Oh well..it was a fun show for me.

Thanks Rhino. I still haven't figured out how to post pics on this forum. I did it once, but I forgot how I did it hehe. It so much easier on the statue forum. Or are you talking about CAF? I haven't posted any pics on those boards before.

Had a great time at Heroes Con. Sal, Chrisco37 and KingOfRulers, it was great to meet all of you. Sales were good, but I did more buying then selling. There was one thing that I found peculiar about the show though. This was the exhibitors badge......

heroesbadge.jpg

So at Heroes Con the dealers get the badges with the villians on them? I guess that makes sense 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Had a great time at Heroes Con. Sal, Chrisco37 and KingOfRulers, it was great to meet all of you. Sales were good, but I did more buying then selling. There was one thing that I found peculiar about the show though. This was the exhibitors badge......

heroesbadge.jpg

So at Heroes Con the dealers get the badges with the villians on them? I guess that makes sense 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yes Richard you're right. We've been Lex Luthor, the Green Goblin, and Doc Ock the last few years.

Guess Shelton feels this is appropriate. Kind of like old time SF conventions where the dealers in the bourse room were always the villians. Or so they say.

27_laughing.gif

Glad you had a good buying show. I did a little myself, but was really disappointed in sales at the show. I had the best show I ever had at last years con, but did about 1/3 of that this year.

confused-smiley-013.gif

Glad you had a good buying show. I did a little myself, but was really disappointed in sales at the show. I had the best show I ever had at last years con, but did about 1/3 of that this year.

confused-smiley-013.gif

I would imagine having Philly and Charlotte on the same weekend cut down on the number of buyers somewhat. I was sweating it until about five on Saturday until a couple of guys made their decisions and bought some books from me. If that hadn't of happened I would be singing a different toon!

I would imagine having Philly and Charlotte on the same weekend cut down on the number of buyers somewhat. I was sweating it until about five on Saturday until a couple of guys made their decisions and bought some books from me. If that hadn't of happened I would be singing a different toon!

Wow! And I didn't think my $20 purchase of Swamp Thing #21 could possibly make or break a show. I'll never underestimate my purchasing power again. headbang.gif

tongue.gif