• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

questions on storing mags.

bind together or bag and board  

39 members have voted

1. 1. bind together or bag and board

30 posts in this topic

Excellent post, CW. Have a question. I was surprised to see no signs of the books in the 3-hole punch pages "sagging" at all. Is the edge where the holes are punched reinforced in some way?

Most of the credit goes to the plastic sleeves which leave just enough distance/gap between the rings, and the book. I placed a durable plastic board in the front, and rear of the binder (these are also available at the stores I've mentioned, but most of the time, they already come with the heavy-duty binders). Its also important to place only the right amount of mags in each binder to insure there is no uneccessary stress/force placed against the books that would cause bending/sagging or any damage to the mag (see first image in my previous post). This is critical:

Good binder []

Bad binder ()

It does not really matter whether you stack the binders one on top of the other, or place them upright on a shelf ( NOTE: Heavy duty binders with at least a 1/2" - 1" thickness to them work best ). Once you have insured the binding is lined-up perfectly, and that none of them are buckling with too many mags fitted inside, then you can stack them upright or on top of one another. Depending on your storage situation, either method could work fine.

The sealer -- Once you've lined-up all the mags properly, and insured that you have just enough in each binder -- you hang the binder upside down to let all the books move away from the rings -- a thick elastic band which keeps the binder tight, and keeps the books from EVER shifting towards the rings.

Thank you every one for all the info. I like comicwiz's set up. I am going to try that. It seems the best of both world. I can have each years issue in one note book and they will be protected without having to bind them. The thing I might do is get the notebooks that have a sleave on the front of it so I print up the index of each year and put it on the cover. For all the help 5 stars to evereyone who posted on this. CHRIS