• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PHotoshoppers Under Constant Training Poll

Vote for which pic you would like to color for the first project.  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for which pic you would like to color for the first project.

65 posts in this topic

Well, it's official. The first PHUCT project will be Ares' Kingdom page.

All interested colorists please contact Ares (or Ares can upload the pic and provide a link) to get a full size/hi-rez scan of the page for coloring.

Project deadline will be 01September, allowing everyone ample time to complete the project without interfering too much with "Real Life"

Good luck to everyone and thank you for participating.

Mike

Well, it's official. The first PHUCT project will be Ares' Kingdom page.

All interested colorists please contact Ares (or Ares can upload the pic and provide a link) to get a full size/hi-rez scan of the page for coloring.

Project deadline will be 01September, allowing everyone ample time to complete the project without interfering too much with "Real Life"

Good luck to everyone and thank you for participating.

Mike

PM Me with address

It will be faster and better that way.

when I send it it will be with subject line Get P.H.U.C.T so you know it is from me

Anyone have a scan of the original colors to this page? It gets a little tough to pick out where some of the characters stop and others start ... it would be great to have as a guide.

Plus I'm not a DC guy so much ... I could use a little help on what colors I should be using.

Superman's cape is yellow, right? wink.gif

What about the guy in the lower left? Is it Superman? KC Superman? The clothes don't seem to match either ...

Maybe I just need to go buy a copy of the book at my LCS ...

ITs Kindom Come Wonder Woman, Kindom Come Batman and Kindom Come Superman as they travelled to past to stop a mad Gog and they bump into our Superman

5zozw5y.jpg

Here's a taste of what I've been working on ... right now I'm wishing we had picked something with a single panel and dominant character!

Looking good. Your shading looks great. That is definitely one of my weak spots. DO you do it free hand?

Yes, the first project is a little "complex", but I'm hoping there will be many more in the future and more submissions for the voting. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif We'll find out in aa few months tongue.gif

Yeah - it's just a variety of selections, brushes, opacities, settings, etc ...

I'm laying down flat colors first and then coming back in and adding shadows and highlights later. I really should be doing all the shading at once – to keep it consistent – but I got bored. insane.gif

5zozw5y.jpg

Here's a taste of what I've been working on ... right now I'm wishing we had picked something with a single panel and dominant character!

That's looking pretty good. I'm kind of excited to see what all of you do with the image. smile.gif

So how are people doing with this?

I have a feeling that I'm going to be done with mine by the end of June at the latest ... I know I've got a little experience with this stuff, so I can move a little faster than some – but is 9/1/07 too far out for a deadline?

I have spent maybe 15 min. on it so far. With confirmation, graduation parties to get the house ready for and coaching 2 baseball teams I will be very busy until the first of July.

And as a marvel fan I'm glad someone told me that was Batman..I thought there was a new superhero with a name like Super Tinman. confused-smiley-013.gif Guess I need to change the color scheme I had planned for him.