• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lightning Saga - JLA/JSA

22 posts in this topic

Is it just me or does the alien language seem really easy to read?

So far it appears as if the words being said are LIGHTNING LAD.

In the last issue it has a new message that appears to be DREAMS AND FIRE.

I hate being the only person to actually read comics around here.

sorry.gif

hi.gif Rick, you are not alone here, I am reading JLA/JSA as well and looked to see if I could make out

what was said, but I am not as sure as you as to what it said. If you look in 'Rate What You Read',

thread you will find that I give JLA high marks.

I don't think that is supposed to be an alien language, rather I think it is intended to be "Interlac." That's the 30th (now 31st) century dialect supposedly used by the United Planets in Legion continuity. I don't know when it was introduced (maybe the Jim Shooter years), but it started being spelled out like that during the early Levitz/Giffen run (around the time of the Great Darkness Saga).

It's all part of the Classic Legion return! (Are they really going to try to fix that series that has been broken since 1985??) cloud9.gif

I don't think that is supposed to be an alien language, rather I think it is intended to be "Interlac." That's the 30th (now 31st) century dialect supposedly used by the United Planets in Legion continuity. I don't know when it was introduced (maybe the Jim Shooter years), but it started being spelled out like that during the early Levitz/Giffen run (around the time of the Great Darkness Saga).

It's all part of the Classic Legion return! (Are they really going to try to fix that series that has been broken since 1985??) cloud9.gif

Before Waid and Kitson's relaunch, I had never read any Legion stuff. Maybe because of that, I really enjoyed it. If they wipe that out, I'll be sad - maybe now I know how fans of the previous Legion eras feel foreheadslap.gif

Legion has been rebooted more than my old *spoon* computer. I still love them tho and if they redo them again, then they redo them again. Keeps them around.

Before Waid and Kitson's relaunch, I had never read any Legion stuff. Maybe because of that, I really enjoyed it. If they wipe that out, I'll be sad - maybe now I know how fans of the previous Legion eras feel foreheadslap.gif

In the wake of 52, I guess the plan is for fans of each era to have their favorite continuity residing on one of the 52 parallel dimensions. confused-smiley-013.gif

Chi, I was the same way. I jumped into JSA mid-series in the last volume. It was definitely worth it and you'll pick-up the characters very quickly. Now is actually a good time. There are only a few issues in the latest volume.

Pat

Did this storyline just start with the crossover or has it been building in JSA?

It has been building since they re-launched JSA as "Justice Society of America" #1 a few months ago. The new Starman was a JSA member with #1, and he was both an enigma and completely nuts. As part of his supposed-delusional ramblings, he made mention of the name of the person killed in self defense by the LSH's Star Boy (a story from the mid-1960s, pre-dating Jim Shooter's tenure on the book). He also mentioned his dream girl, now obviously "the" Dream Girl from LSH. As well, they teased a Dawnstar appearance (I think maybe only showing her arm?) in one of the early Justice Society of America issues. thumbsup2.gif

I need to go back and read my JSA's then as I basically just filed them. I remember the story clearly when star boy had to quit the legion. They ran through like 10 ways he could have avoided killing that guy 27_laughing.gif.

So is the current legion book out of continuity now or are they going to relaunch it again? Several times in the current book, the dominators say 52 and with earth in shambles you wonder what is coming next.

So is the current legion book out of continuity now or are they going to relaunch it again? Several times in the current book, the dominators say 52 and with earth in shambles you wonder what is coming next.

I dunno. I did read on newsarama that Mark Waid is off the book. I believe I remember the new writer has been named, but I don't remember who it is, whether they plan to re-start yet again with #1 ( screwy.gif), continue with Waid's continuity, or what. confused-smiley-013.gif

In the wake of 52, I guess the plan is for fans of each era to have their favorite continuity residing on one of the 52 parallel dimensions. confused-smiley-013.gif

I hope so. Everyone can have their faves back from whichever era.

I need to go back and read my JSA's then as I basically just filed them. I remember the story clearly when star boy had to quit the legion. They ran through like 10 ways he could have avoided killing that guy 27_laughing.gif.

I think they are both in continuity (as in the new continuity of the multiverse). We just don't know which version of the Legion is from which Earth yet post 52.

Earl.