• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

San Diego comic con help?

5 posts in this topic

I have never been to the San Diego Comic Con, but want to attend this year. I was wondering if anyone could use help at their booth for the show.

Since I am not a huge collector (i have a small comic collection and a small OA collection), I just want to go to the con to meet new people and take in the whole experience.

I live in NYC but was thinking about flying out to the con, but none of my friends have any interest in coming with me.

If there is any interest, please drop me a PM and we can figure it out. I'm not looking for any money, the only reason I want to do this is to take in the experience of the biggest and best con (so I have been told)

Thanks!

Rac

Would not be nearly as much fun as being in the action and meeting new people. I guess I could go solo, just thought this would be a fun way to go about it.

Judging from the responses... does not seem like I have any takers.. tonofbricks.gif

Still holding out for some interest 893crossfingers-thumb.gifflowerred.gif

raccoon,

U should ask board members if 1 of their comicon buddies is cancelling, and if u can share the hotel room that way u get the camaraderie for lunch or dinner.

It will be very difficult for u to get a convention rate discount hotel at this late stage unless u are out in the suburbs of San Diego county and taking the red trolley into the convention center.

The international comic-con: San Diego is about 4 times bigger than the Feb/07 NYC comic con. There is lots to see in the city outside of comics.

cloud9.gif

Thanks aardvark, I have a place to stay so that is no problem (or should not be). I was wanting to experience the whole convention while helping out in some fashion. Im from NYC, so I was planning on doing some sight seeing as well.. maybe driving down to Mexico for a day. Let's see if it all works out.