• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Modern Spiderman #2 & #8 (1990 &1991) Ebay

5 posts in this topic

I have also got a Spider-Man # 18 CGC graded 9.9 , it is a top pop comic from the early '90s , but because I do not sell on a regular basis , I'm not sure how I should go about selling it? confused-smiley-013.gif

Does anyone think it would be better to sell it through another Ebayer on a consignment base or should I just list it and see where/how it goes? I am more of a buyer , and so , because of the crappy and downright pathetic way I have gotten items shipped in flimsy boxes or shoved into a padded envelopes that always seem to get scratched open , I am probably going to lose more money packaging items that I ship out ....than I will probably get for them at the 99 cent start bids ...as I plan on bullet proofing the packages I ship out.

So , does anybody know of sellers that deal in comics that take on consignments? I have about 40 more comics to clear out , mostly ( about 33) are CGC 9.8 , but all moderns ( early '90s - #1s from Image , Marvels , X-Force , X-Men, Spider-Man 361,362,363 all 9.8 , etc) ....Should I just list these in large lots or what? confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm more of a coin guy and just happen to like Valiants better than these and want to make room for more Pre-Unity and Unity Vals and move these out. Any help from you comic guru's would really be appreciated . thumbsup2.gif

-John

It's worth it to subscribe to GPA (www.gpanalysis.com)...it's like $6.95/month and you can get pretty acurate market values for all your CGC books from realized Ebay sales. I sell alot of graded books,and do alot of "buy it now" prices for them.I use GPA as a guide for my pricing. You'd be better off selling them yourself instead of having to pay another dealer a percentage.But maybe you don't have the time.You have great feedback so people will trust you and your images look ok,though using a scanner to get bigger and better images would help you more.

Good Luck! Joey

Thanks Joey

I appreciate the comments , and I joined up at the GP site to try it out ...I followed the links to it before but didn't know quite sure what to do with it , but I've used it today and found it very easy to navigate and use the different functions ....seems like a useful tool for the kit.

I am going to have to find a larger scanner for comics in holders , the one on my printer does well enough for coins and smaller items , but since the flatbeds at Office Max and other stores have come down to earthly prices and the ones on the internet outlet sites are priced cheaper , I think I'll try an upgrade and see how it goes. I think I'll try to list some more next week with better scans and see how they go ....I do not have a lot of 'seller ' feed back , most all of it is as buyer , so maybe I can keep the trust up with the results of a few of these first sales , if any.

I end up with a lot of CGC comics that I do not collect , but submit to even up the number when I send in a few that I like ( moderns) . I think I'll try to sell or trade some on the board as well . I'm not expecting to run a comic business , just offer up the ones I am not pursuing in earnest.

Thanks for the pointers! thumbsup2.gif

Well ,got my first complaint today frown.gif. Guess I will not personaly sell any comic on Ebay again. Buyer says the box was flimsly. I used the sturdy Priority mail large size mailer box and wrapped the graded comic in a large amount of bubble wrap and included a copy of the invoice .

The complaint came fast !!! Seller said I used a flimsy box and that he had told me on the invoice that he wanted extra protection of the slab...I have never seen this comment on an invoice , so I'll have to take his word on it confused-smiley-013.gif. How do you get copies of invoices to see comments? confused-smiley-013.gif .

I have never had this problem with the sturdy priority box and guess that the post office must have shoved the package into his mailbox or something frustrated.gif . Oh well , I give up . I'll start taking these comics over to a friend to auction on ebay. Of course , now buyers will have to pay an incredible amount to have their stuff shipped. I cut a deal of flat rate of $7 to cover shipping and lost out there .

I wish the seller had contacted me through email , I would have driven down personally and picked the item up and given cash. Seller chose to go through paypal , which is fine , but oh well .

I apologize to any forum hail.gif members that have tried to help with PMs and suggestions , but I never had any desire to become an Ebay store or regular ebay seller , so thanks for the ideas , but I'll just stick with buying comics on Ebay rather than selling there.