• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man #57 (498)

4 posts in this topic

Just finished reading next week's books... and was pleasantly surprised by the beginning of the "Happy Birthday" storyarc...

It's nice to see what Stracyznski can do when they give him the big box of crayons to play with. The last year or so of Spidey has felt a little muddled to me, some bright spots but several issues that seemed to miss the mark. The writing here is much tighter, which is harder to do with as many guest stars as he has in this book. It looks like the buildup to issue 500 will be worth the read.

And Bronze Age Marvel fans (not just Spidey fans) should enjoy this story arc... I'd give Khaos' left nut for the original art to the final page of this issue. smile.gif

The last year or so of Spidey has felt a little muddled to me, some bright spots but several issues that seemed to miss the mark.

I have thought that too, very patchy. JMS started off at a high level with issues 30-36, but has tailed off since then. In particular I have been unimpressed with the new villains he has introduced since Morlun, I posted a thread on the subject a while back...maybe time for a bump. smirk.gif

Thanks for the tease..... smirk.gif

All us poor bastards will just have to wait...

Well at least you know to look for it at your local shop...

Cuz knowing is half the battle... tongue.gif