• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IS JOE DUNGAN/NOW AND THEN COLLECTIBLES STILL IN THE HOBBY??

5 posts in this topic

was flicking thru some old price updates and saw Joe dungan's ads and reports, anyone know if hes still dealing?collecting??

hello all...

I asked that same question when I returned to buying comics a couple of years ago after a 10year hiatus...Joe and I did a lot of biz in the early 90's, but I came to find out he has largely retired from comicdom...

gator

1 of Dungan's scouts used to buy FF 1, Hulk 1, JIM 83, etc. off me via CBG mail order or at Wondercon to flip or consign to Dungan to resell at different regional comicons. This was about 17 yrs ago.

Joe is still around but I don't think he has a B&M store (never reopened after selling). I did, however, see him at a small con in San Antonio last year. Seemed to be doing pretty well.

Joe is not actively dealing comics anymore. From what he told me, he sold all of his comics. However, he is buying Marvel Masterworks and DC Archives for himself. I see him every once in a while when he comes into the store.