• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey..check out the Spiderman 28!!!

40 posts in this topic

BOC: How do you suppose the "chocolate brown ink" (on a black book??) managed to "bleed" over the cover onto the underlying interior pages on a good portion of the corner, in production??

A further look at the edges and inboard areas on the surface of this copy will show similar "chocolate brown" touch-up.

Please don't let the fact that I'm the one telling you about it dissuade you from believing what your eyes should accept as true.

Are you trying to say that you are in agreement with me on the blatantly color touched Spiderman 28??? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I don't grade or do resto checks on comics posted over the internet, I am just saying why it is that people don't believe you. 893naughty-thumb.gif

To me it looks like he's right, that looks like it was touched up. Maybe with colored pencil. Creases don't work like that. They don't turn a book from black to black/brown and take off the gloss in the process. I guess you might be able to create a scuff like that, but based on what I can ssee here I wouldn't buy the book.

Yea, I'd have to go with the "I'm not 100% sure it's touched, but I wouldn't bid on it." sentiment. Not to mention that it's an ASM book and that alone would keep me from bidding on it.

Well, I'd have to respectfully disagree with you on the issue of ID'ing work as evident on the Spiderman #28. If I'm what you say I am and you're correct, that would mean that in all probability, I can spot an archived book from across the street. Isn't that more logical than assuming I know nothing of which I speak, which would be a logical assumption only if you're dead wrong about who I am?

You can't have it both ways.

Either you're right about me, which means I know at least as much about ID'ing resto as anyone else on the planet.

Or you're wrong about me, which would mean that I should be ignored when I point out these ridiculously evident, tweaked pieces, a very small percentage of them miscalculatingly placed in Blue top slabs as well (not my fault, sorry for noticing), everyone's pencils have erasers, even in the South.

Which is it? You can't choose one from column 'A' and one from column 'B' when it comes to logic or the resultant is gibberish.

Well, I'd have to respectfully disagree with you on the issue of ID'ing work as evident on the Spiderman #28. If I'm what you say I am and you're correct, that would mean that in all probability, I can spot an archived book from across the street. Isn't that more logical than assuming I know nothing of which I speak, which would be a logical assumption only if you're dead wrong about who I am?

You can't have it both ways.

Either you're right about me, which means I know at least as much about ID'ing resto as anyone else on the planet.

Or you're wrong about me, which would mean that I should be ignored when I point out these ridiculously evident, tweaked pieces, a very small percentage of them miscalculatingly placed in Blue top slabs as well (not my fault, sorry for noticing), everyone's pencils have erasers, even in the South.

Which is it? You can't choose one from column 'A' and one from column 'B' when it comes to logic or the resultant is gibberish.

I'm confused........... 893scratch-thumb.gif

Bull 893censored-thumb.gif. You know exactly the makepoint.gif I'm raising, BOC.

I'm either the Devil himself and know what I'm talking about in regard to resto...

or I'm not the Devil himself and know nothing about resto.

It's one or the other. If I'm Fantazia...I've seen and done it all, right??? Why wouldn't I know what I'm talking about.

Since some feel that I'm talking out of my 893censored-thumb.gif and using the "Psychic Hotline" for my resto predictions, that must mean my background is very limited and I couldn't be him, right?

Wouldn't the biggest "sinner" of all know the most about "sin", or would you illogically expect the opposite.

You can't mix and match statements / misnomers and come up with logic. What I'm saying above makes perfect sense and y'all know it.

If you want to know about meat..you ask a butcher, not a candlestick maker. When you assume that the candlestick maker knows more about meat than the butcher, then you have an identity problem.

So I'll reaffirm...since you all feel that I know nothing in regard to resto, then I can't possibly be Fantazia, right?

By the way, this would be an excellent starting point for those of you that wish to start on the path to clear thinking. Humans use approx. 10% of their overall brain capacity/potential in everyday life, and on this Board, the average is about 1/3rd of that!!

web page