• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey..check out the Spiderman 28!!!

40 posts in this topic

Bull 893censored-thumb.gif. You know exactly the makepoint.gif I'm raising, BOC.

I'm either the Devil himself and know what I'm talking about in regard to resto...

or I'm not the Devil himself and know nothing about resto.

It's one or the other. If I'm Fantazia...I've seen and done it all, right??? Why wouldn't I know what I'm talking about.

Since some feel that I'm talking out of my 893censored-thumb.gif and using the "Psychic Hotline" for my resto predictions, that must mean my background is very limited and I couldn't be him, right?

Wouldn't the biggest "sinner" of all know the most about "sin", or would you illogically expect the opposite.

You can't mix and match statements / misnomers and come up with logic. What I'm saying above makes perfect sense and y'all know it.

If you want to know about meat..you ask a butcher, not a candlestick maker. When you assume that the candlestick maker knows more about meat than the butcher, then you have an identity problem.

So I'll reaffirm...since you all feel that I know nothing in regard to resto, then I can't possibly be Fantazia, right?

By the way, this would be an excellent starting point for those of you that wish to start on the path to clear thinking. Humans use approx. 10% of their overall brain capacity/potential in everyday life, and on this Board, the average is about 1/3rd of that!!

web page

10%, huh? The neurophysiologists would be excited to know that. That would cut their workload down by 90%. Hell, we could do a frontal lobotomy on you and have a 90% chance of it having no effect.

ATTENTION EVERYONE: If you ever sustain a severe head trauma or stroke, DO NOT go to the hospital!!! You have a 90% chance of not suffering any impairment! Why waste your money. Spend it on comics. insane.gif

10% of their overall brain capacity/potential in everyday life

sorry to burst your bubble, but the 10% idea is a myth that was based on faulty research done in the 30's. Some scientists made this claim but current research shows that humans use 100% of their "capacity". (and the word capacity doesn't really work because how do you measure how "much" of one's brain is being used? with a bucket, measuring cup, balance?)

Are you trying to say that you are in agreement with me on the blatantly color touched Spiderman 28??? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I am in total agreement with your assessment. Not to get off topic, but why bring up the whole Fantazia/restoration thing? I realize that you are a bit sensitive ( rightly so) to some statements on this board but to go into several posts about your capabilites or lack thereof as to the validity of the Fantazia saga does not help. I think simply pointing out your reasoning as to why it was restored and ignoring the extraneous, veiled comments would serve you and others that would have been interested in the post. No disrepect, but, regardless of who you are or who you are supposed to be; sometimes the higher road and thicker skin will save you a lot of grief. Without taking sides here, I firmly believe confrontational people will go away if there is no fuel feeding the fires of confrontation.

Tom

And the most grievace, ironic injustice, Tom, is that you (who don't manage a grading service where restoration detection is of equal importance to the grading itself) can see the obvious touch-up on the #28, and Steve Borock (who does manage one) can't see the obvious touch-up, incredibly and freely, by his own admission (Shudder!!).

Steve Borock (who does manage one) can't see the obvious touch-up, incredibly and freely, by his own admission (Shudder!!).

Uh, no, 893naughty-thumb.gif actually he said "I don't grade or do resto checks on comics posted over the internet."

First you identify a "trimmed" X-men 15, and now it's the "color touched" Spidey 28? Wow...despite your denials, it's become quite obvious that you really are an expert in trimming and color touch!! 27_laughing.gif

Steve Borock (who does manage one) can't see the obvious touch-up, incredibly and freely, by his own admission (Shudder!!).

Uh, no, 893naughty-thumb.gif actually he said "I don't grade or do resto checks on comics posted over the internet."

First you identify a "trimmed" X-men 15, and now it's the "color touched" Spidey 28? Wow...despite your denials, it's become quite obvious that you really are an expert in trimming and color touch!! 27_laughing.gif

Doc what are you trying to do? Incite a riot with your 2 arch-enemies? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Banner: "Anyone who can see the trim on the X-Men 15 and the ct on the #28 is an "expert" on...... (insert the usual washerwoman, Banner banter here)........."

Incredible argument to suppose someone who sees it is doing it. Like assuming that a coroner is a murderer because he can identify the dead.

Anyone with a pair of eyes and an ounce of brains should be able to tell.

Yep, and the book looks touched up to me too. What's your point?

The point is that Steve checks for restoration in a professional capacity, so he's not going to lay his rep on the line based on a book he can't evaluate in a professional manner. It would be like a doctor (a real one) being asked to diagnose malignant melanoma from a picture on the internet. See the diff?

Do you think a physician would be laying his "rep" on the line if he were to venture identifying color touch on an on-line image of someone's face with the words "color touched" painted on their forehead?

Diagnosing melanomas from pictures is a little different than identifying cosmetic defect, don't you agree?

I can't be a bad "buy", Doc. I'm not for sale.

C'mon hammer, if you're going to resort to nit-picking spelling errors, at least correctly idenfity the culprit, my spelling is impeccible! 893frustrated.gif

What's so hard to believe that most only use 10% of their brain capacity/capability? Every post you venture is done so entirely half-893censored-thumb.gif'ed!

Syntax?!? Ever heard of it? It tends to make one's sentences comprehensible.

BTW...great comeback.

You just keep on believing that people only use 10% of their brain. Can you possibly point out what areas that encompasses? My knowledge of neuroanatomy isn't exhaustive, but I can't seem to come up with 10% to spare, much less 90%.