• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Know Anything About Statue/Bust #s and Value???

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've decided to sell all of the busts/statues I have sitting in the basement (bought a comic book collection several years ago and these came with them). I know close to nothing about the values of these things, beyond closed auction prices on Ebay, but I have learned that people pay more for lower # statues.

As it turns out I have some decent statues with some relatively low # ones. One particular piece might be worth a huge chunk, and I want to be best informed before I put this one up for sale.

It's BATMAN: THE ANIMATED DARK KNIGHT MAQUETTE (arm raised 'variant') number #0014/2500. I found just one for sale on Ebay for $550.00USD.

Link to it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Warner-Brothers-Batm...VQQcmdZViewItem

Now, that one is #0562, while mine is #0014, so could someone tell me if asking more than $550.00USD for it would be ridiculous or not considering the low #. Another thing in regards to the numbering. The base says numbered to #2500 and ARTIST PROOF numbered to #25 or #250. Either way, does this mean mine is an artist's proof since it is numbered less than 25 or 250???

Like I said, I know close to nothing about this stuff.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

If you're going to sell on eBay then that's a good way to gauge the potential price. As far as numbering goes, you will usually get a slight premium if it's within the first 10%, 5%, 1% and first 10. Being #14/2500 I would think you might see an okay bump in price.

If you're going to sell on eBay then that's a good way to gauge the potential price. As far as numbering goes, you will usually get a slight premium if it's within the first 10%, 5%, 1% and first 10. Being #14/2500 I would think you might see an okay bump in price.
Thanks!

I've been doing some research and supposedly only 2000 were actually made despite being numbered out of 2500... I also don't think mine is an artist proof - I think those say AP before the #.

Thanks!

I've been doing some research and supposedly only 2000 were actually made despite being numbered out of 2500... I also don't think mine is an artist proof - I think those say AP before the #.

The Artists Proofs I have seen on Ebay don't have numbers, they just say AP on the base.

Thanks!

The Artists Proofs I have seen on Ebay don't have numbers, they just say AP on the base.
Thanks. I'm now certain mine isn't an AP, but I think it's still worth some $$$. Very pleasant surprise!