• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Creating A Bluelined Page From Regular Pencils

10 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone -

I have some regular old graphite pencils that I'd like to scan and make into bluelined pencils for inking.

Does anyone have any suggestions for equipment? Or any recommendations about procedure?

I'd be interested in knowing what scanners people recommend, what printers would take 11 x 17 bristol or vellum, and anything about the process of reproducing a graphite pencil into blueline.

Do people use Photoshop? Is there an easier way? confused-smiley-013.gif

Any insights or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

- A

That's a great tip thanks so much!

If anyone else has any additional pointers, that would be great, as there is absolutely no discussion about the types of printers, scanners, etc that the artist used.

Thanks again.

You can use any scanner. An 11x17 scanner will give you the best results because you don't have to stich the pieces back together.

As for printers, I'd take it to a copy shop (on disc) and have them print it for you. A heavy weight paper would work fine ... but most people like to get them on board. You can run bristol through the printers at Kinkos - though they are not suppposed to. But if you're nice - you can find someone to do it for you while the manager is on break. grin.gif

If you're going to print it at home, you can use whatever printer you have. As long as it prints large enough for the size you want - and it's color.

But really the easiest way to get it all done?

Contact an inker (unless you plan on doing it yourself) and find out how they prefer you to handle it.

The times I have inquired about it, the artist just wanted me to email them a scan. They'd take care of the rest.

These are really all good tips.

However, the person who will be inking this wants me to provide them with board. And it may be one of several. Thus, I'd like to avoid trips to Kinkos if possible.

I'm interested if anyone has had experience with a printer that prints on 11 x17 and could recommend some good equipment, I'd really appreiciate it.

Thanks.