• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here is scan of book I hope.

9 posts in this topic

Here is a scan. I hope it comes through. Problem is bend or crease is not visible on scan. Its located 1/4 to 3/8s inch to left of right margin and travels from top to bottom of comic. Goes thru the 1 in comic number 171 as well as thru right edge of the cloud as well as robins upper hand and heal of robins foot. I dont believe its a crease but a bend. Do breakage of paper along the bend or line but is visible when looking in person. I hope the scan comes out. First time I logging a scan on to the forum

239960-batman171c.jpg.64e89c6be44f205197c9e1fcdaa66dba.jpg

Book advertized as Near Mint but impossible to see bend until it came in mail. Seller who is an honest man will give me difference of what it advertized for and what CGC grades it at. Back of the book and pages in between are beautiful, its just the cover. Ninanina mentioned in other post and seems right on! Seems like the book was laying underneath a pile of others and 1/4 to 3/8th inch was hanging over the stake edge. Not sure though. Any idea what the bend does to grade. Will send to CGC monday. Thanks for any help, Sincerely, Jeff

Star to all!!!

The Left side of the book looks weird to me.

Almost like it has a lot of scuffing, and it is almost another shade of pink (color touched)?

Can't see the problem on the right side, but I would guess that if it is not a deep indent in the book, it shouldn't have much of an impact on the grade.

I still think you need to look very carefully at the left hand side. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Pink color may be faded on the right side and color darkens towards the spine. Top staple is protruding slightly. Very small chip on top of cover,approx 20-25% from spine.White dot next to bottom of the "N" in Batman.Colors looks bright and sharp ! All in all a VF+ book.

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks to all of your for your help. Stars for all!!! It is truly amazing what you all can come up with in regards to originality , defects, color touch, and book composition. I was very impressed. I had thought 8.0 tops but all your comments surely will help me and I Thank You!!!! Will send book out Monday to CGC. Thanks Again, Jeff