• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WIN A VIRTUAL IMAGE OF A REAL NO PRIZE. GRADING CONTEST

70 posts in this topic

Well, we've talked and criticized about inconsistencies or "apparent" inconsistencies before and this is the first time I've noticed someone from CGC taking an interest. This is just awesome, and I like it! grin.gif

Well, I would certainly like to see Steve and the rest of the CGC people post in here more often if their schedules would allow it.

But, to be fair, people in here do come up with more conspiracy theories, alien encounters, and Bigfoot sightings than greggy has restraining orders against him. This, along with the consistent "anti-cgc" members that will post insults and complain about cgc no matter what, certainly doesn't encourage it.

I've seen Steve comment on issues before. I also remember him quickly admitting that CGC made an obvious mistake when they gave a (9.8 or 9.9?) book the "cream to off-white" page designation.

The question about why this book got such a low grade can be answered by calling CGC to get the graders notes. Steve is kindly offering to get us an answer himself if he can get the certification number off the book.

Now that that's been said.......the anti-cgc crowd may proceed to throw things at me. pom.gif

*** Edit: This post wasn't meant to be directed at you, ninanina.....just general observations. ***

...people in here do come up with more conspiracy theories, alien encounters, and Bigfoot sightings than greggy has restraining orders against him.

893whatthe.gif that's a lot!

All kidding aside, very interested in the outcome of this one.

2" crease bottom middle front cover does not break color, 1" crease top right front cover, long stacking crease DNBC, fingerdents front and back cover DNBC, light spine stress, and finally, cover shifts (is not firm against staples/pages).

Hope that helps.

2" crease bottom middle front cover does not break color, 1" crease top right front cover, long stacking crease DNBC, fingerdents front and back cover DNBC, light spine stress, and finally, cover shifts (is not firm against staples/pages).

Hope that helps.

Now that I have you online, what's the story on these 2 books?

0119757015 and 0119755018

Discolouration on the edges? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hope that helps.

Damn.

6.5 sounds pretty kind now. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hate when that happens...I got a lousy grade on an Avengers for the same reason...freakin' thing was flawless otherwise...

Hate when that happens...I got a lousy grade on an Avengers for the same reason...freakin' thing was flawless otherwise...

Did you get 9.4 and 9.6 like I did? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

8.0... frown.gif

avengers135cgc.jpg

8.0... frown.gif

avengers135cgc.jpg

Prove to me that there's some discolouration! confused-smiley-013.gif

Prove to me that there's some discolouration!

When i recieved the book I called CGC and asked WTF...they said that the top of the book had what seemed to be "heat discoloration"...I can't prove it since I am not the freakin' expert... makepoint.gif

Ask sborock... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Cert. # 0114317008

When i recieved the book I called CGC and asked WTF...they said that the top of the book had what seemed to be "heat discoloration"...I can't prove it since I am not the freakin' expert... makepoint.gif

Cert. # 0114317008

Screw you...you do the legwork! 893frustrated.gif

Cert. # 0114317008

I see a slight color shift at the top right.

To me it looks like the ink went a little dry or a piling problem on the press.

I can't tell without looking at it under a loupe.

Cert. # 0114317008

I see a slight color shift at the top right.

To me it looks like the ink went a little dry or a piling problem on the press.

I can't tell without looking at it under a loupe.

Printing expert showoff! mad.gif

Cert. # 0114317008

Screw you...you do the legwork! 893frustrated.gif

Bite me....I don't even own the book anymore... tongue.gif

Just wanted to show you how you can really get burned on a book so you would quit whining... 27_laughing.gif