• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WIN A VIRTUAL IMAGE OF A REAL NO PRIZE. GRADING CONTEST

70 posts in this topic

Prove to me that there's some discolouration!

When i recieved the book I called CGC and asked WTF...they said that the top of the book had what seemed to be "heat discoloration"...I can't prove it since I am not the freakin' expert... makepoint.gif

Ask sborock... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Cert. # 0114317008

Screw you...you do the legwork! 893frustrated.gif

Bite me....I don't even own the book anymore... tongue.gif

Just wanted to show you how you can really get burned on a book so you would quit whining... 27_laughing.gif

Huh? How did I get burned? 893frustrated.gif

Huh? How did I get burned?

Must have been cooking in the plastic bag up in the attic all those years... 893frustrated.gif

Dork...you said how I can get burned on a book and you are talking about the book being burned! Gather your senses and answer rationally! 27_laughing.gif

Must have been cooking in the plastic bag up in the attic all those years... 893frustrated.gif

Dork...you said how I can get burned on a book and you are talking about the book being burned! Gather your senses and answer rationally! 27_laughing.gif

Hey...it's been a long day peanuthead...as you well know....I wasn't able to take a nap like you.... insane.gif

Now my train of thought is totally screwed up... crazy.gif

Hey...it's been a long day peanuthead...as you well know....I wasn't able to take a nap like you.... insane.gif

Now my train of thought is totally screwed up... crazy.gif

Never took a nap so no excuses! 893naughty-thumb.gif

The Spider-Man @ 6.5 is a real shocker. What don't we see in the scan? Or, inside the comic?

Hey, I just got my virual image. Thanks Webhead>

I am happily printing a color copy which I will be adding to my comic collection. Wonder what it'll be worth in 20 years? Should I date the thing? Or do you think people will remember this happened on Aug. 29/03. Will any of the fanzines be featuring anything about this in their pages? Will I be contacted for an interview? If so, whose gonna call? Am I the only one getting excited about this? Will this all be forgotten by everyone next month? Next week? Tomorrow? Couple Hours? Will this be the last entry in this post? grin.gif

looks like this was not the last post talk about "interest".... glad you enjoyed the prize !!!

well this has been so much fun.. and i just noticed that the current months wizard also features the MARVEL NO prize... but at least your image is authenticated..... see page 135 for the inside story...talk about timing.

i still feel the grade should have been a little better but when you take the power of the hubble telescope and look for every single flaw...... ugh

thankfully it's a minor book so no harm no gain until next time...

WEBHEAD cool.gif

i still feel the grade should have been a little better but when you take the power of the hubble telescope and look for every single flaw...... ugh

I believe the power of a commonly available fluorescent lamp would do if you simply held the book under it and tilted it from side to side. I'm not sure you'll see these defects through the case, although I think you probably can.