• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I feel so alone.....

13 posts in this topic

I saw that my Dragon's Lair comic came out this week, and when I asked if anyone else ordered it or picked it up they said no.....am I the only one who remembers this great game, also cartoon on sat morning. I just read the book and found it really interesting to get a little back story on why the dragon took the princess.....is anyone else out there

I picked it up - I'm interested in all the new titles coming out with nexus to video games - next TOmb Raider story arc is background for upcoming Eidos release...Street Fighter and capcom releasing comics...i'll pick it up for the read. not really collectible IMO but a fun read none the less smile.gif

I saw that my Dragon's Lair comic came out this week, and when I asked if anyone else ordered it or picked it up they said no.....am I the only one who remembers this great game, also cartoon on sat morning. I just read the book and found it really interesting to get a little back story on why the dragon took the princess.....is anyone else out there

I remember that game when it first came out. Saw it at a Fair when it was first released and there were huge lines waiting to play it. Wasn't it the first game to use a laser disk for it's graphics? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I remember that game... was the first game that cost 50c to play in my neighborhood... I remember thinking it was way too expensive to play and that no one would ever spend that much money on video games... tongue.gif

Around that time I was resetting all the records on every Track and Field machine I could find. I was one of the first people in town to discover the trick with a comb. When they started to put little barricades around the buttons I found a way to bend a toothbrush to just the right curve to still make the trick work. Wound up selling them to other kids for a buck a piece... Man, those were the days...

I had two customers order the book, so you are not completely alone... But then I have three customers for anything Molly Kiely does, so my demographics are a little skewed... cool.gif

It was indded the first game to use LD graphics. Wasn't it the first game to use a laser disk for it's graphics?

BTW...you can get the orignal Space Ace game on X-Box now. (for about $10) Complete with pauses to load the next screen, etc.....

I saw dragons lair and passed on it. Thought about picking it up just because but didn't

Our arcade at the time dragons lair came out ran double monitors to push the new games. This one always drew a crowd. usually 25-30 people or more.

track and field. I seem to remember that I purchased an electric toothbrush and did some conversion and got all the high scores at my local 7-11. ROTF

Russell