• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Virtual Comicon III June 2-3, 2007

193 posts in this topic

I was considering selling, but I changed my mind, lol..it sounds like it would be a LOT more fun to just shop... ; wink.gif

Why does this not surprise me? yeahok.gif

poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif

flowerred.gif

Errr..cause you know me too long? lolwink.gifhi.gif

I actually DID think about selling ...at least for a few hours, but I had too much fun the last time and a true shopaholic never lets selling interfere with a great shopping opportunity.. : cloud9.gif

I was considering selling, but I changed my mind, lol..it sounds like it would be a LOT more fun to just shop... ; wink.gif

poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif

flowerred.gif

I actually DID think about selling ...at least for a few hours, but I had too much fun the last time and a true shopaholic never lets selling interfere with a great shopping opportunity.. : cloud9.gif

And I'm introducing you to Michele?

Where's the 'shoot me now' graemlin when you need it... crazy.gif

poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif

flowerred.gif

hail.gif

OK, I'm thinking about setting up a booth for the first time as this seems like it will be a lot of fun, but I have a couple of etiquette/protocol questions. First, I have a book that was slabbed by the "other guys" that I'd like to sell. Obviously it would be completely bruta figura to just list it straight up on a CGC forum, but would it be OK to list it if I crop out the label and don't mention "you-know-who" by name? Also, if I have a bargain dollar bin in my booth, is it really necessary to list individual grades or can I just say something like "all comics guaranteed to be in GOOD to MINT condition!"? insane.gif

OK, I'm thinking about setting up a booth for the first time as this seems like it will be a lot of fun, but I have a couple of etiquette/protocol questions. First, I have a book that was slabbed by the "other guys" that I'd like to sell. Obviously it would be completely bruta figura to just list it straight up on a CGC forum, but would it be OK to list it if I crop out the label and don't mention "you-know-who" by name? Also, if I have a bargain dollar bin in my booth, is it really necessary to list individual grades or can I just say something like "all comics guaranteed to be in GOOD to MINT condition!"? insane.gif

Cover the whole book with masking tape and call it encased in plastic....but officially graded by you as.......

The time of the opening is set to coincide with this messageboard's 48 hour EDIT window. I.E. We don't want sellers to lose the ability to edit their booths during convention hours.

Ah, that makes sense. I thought I read that we were going to ask Arch to extend that for the duration of the VCC. Guess not. Oh well, I guess we can wait till 7:01pm to go out Friday. We just like to go to dinner or whatever right after work, since I live 20 miles out of town.

I wouldn't worry about trying to get your booth listed on the 1st page of the VCC, don't believe it makes a difference...it's all about content! thumbsup2.gif

That is dead on. I check all pages. If I like it, I'll find it and buy it.

headbang.gif

and who you're next to...Greggy smells funny poke2.gif

Cover the whole book with masking tape and call it encased in plastic....but officially graded by you as.......

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You cannot sell a PGX book here, that's pretty much the only restriction.

For your bargain box, no need to list individual grades.

The Convention Hall thread will go up tonight at 1030 PM EDT. thumbsup2.gif

I don't see why he can't scan the book only even though it will be obviously in some sort of holder, and sell it as raw.

Then the buyer could be "surprised" when he receives it or be in some sort of agreement on who will crack it (the seller before shipping or the buyer upon receiving. Not a big deal to me.

foreheadslap.gif

893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif

Here's the US-UK translation....3.30am.

And what am I doing this evening? Out on the lash and expecting it to be messy.

Page 23, here I come.... crazy.gif

foreheadslap.gif

Nick:

I had to have the woman I'm working with (who is from Scotland) translate your above statement. Had you just said you were going to out on a *spoon*-up I would have understood! 27_laughing.gif

I don't see why he can't scan the book only even though it will be obviously in some sort of holder, and sell it as raw.

Then the buyer could be "surprised" when he receives it or be in some sort of agreement on who will crack it (the seller before shipping or the buyer upon receiving. Not a big deal to me.

I agree, I don't like that rule. A comic is a comic. It doesn't become a competitors product just because someone other than CGC put it in a case. Can I sell comics that I've put in Gerber mylars? It's not a CGC holder. I don't have any PGX graded comics to sell, but I would like to see some at the VCC. I agree, sell it as raw, and don't advertise the PGX. I guess it's Steve's call, not mine.

foreheadslap.gif

Nick:

I had to have the woman I'm working with (who is from Scotland) translate your above statement. Had you just said you were going to out on a *spoon*-up I would have understood! 27_laughing.gif

27_laughing.gif

thumbsup2.gif

too bad it isn't you making the decision. poke2.gif

http://www.urbandictionary.com gossip.gif

Lash

a night on the town heavily drinking with your friends, pub crawling.

Examples:

We were out on the town having a lash with our mates!

That was a good lash last night.

To get (very) drunk

Also 'to go on the lash'.

The word 'lash' originally means to strike with a whip, and so has this extended meaning (ie. drinking makes you feel like you've been flogged).

NB. Usually used in a positive sense.

1. "Hey John, what are you up to tonight? The boys are all going out and getting lashed"

2. "The boys are all going out on the lash tonight."

I agree, I don't like that rule. A comic is a comic. It doesn't become a competitors product just because someone other than CGC put it in a case. Can I sell comics that I've put in Gerber mylars? It's not a CGC holder. I don't have any PGX graded comics to sell, but I would like to see some at the VCC. I agree, sell it as raw, and don't advertise the PGX. I guess it's Steve's call, not mine.

Prepare for a strike from Arch if you get caught. Maybe even a banning. Not my rules, just saying is all.

CGC has made the rule in the past that you can't sell non-CGC encapsulated comics on their message board. I have no problem with the rule.

I don't have any PGX graded comics to sell, but I would like to see some at the VCC. I agree, sell it as raw, and don't advertise the PGX. I guess it's Steve's call, not mine.

Prepare for a strike from Arch if you get caught. Maybe even a banning. Not my rules, just saying is all.

Like I said, I don't have any for sale. Surely I won't get a strike, or banned, for saying I would like to see some for sale here.