• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canucks...has our high dollar put you in a buying spree?

32 posts in this topic

yea, well.... I'm not the only one getting ripped off I guess, my LCS gives me 25% off the canadian cover price... when I asked about the exchange rate, they tell me the 25% should compensate for the difference.... Thing is... Because of the way my subscription is supposed to work, they are supposed to give me 25% off because I order from them... not because of anything to do with the exchange rate... oh well, there's nothing I can do...

They charge Canadian cover price minus my discount, and I have no one to complain to... except you guys/gurls wink.gif

We need a superhero to control cover prices....

My guy gives me US cover + the exchange rate of the day - 20% because I'm a reserve customer. Same thing for trades. This is pretty much what I could get ordering over the net. I've been to other shops where they give US cover in C$s, which is becoming less and less of a deal.

Mike

Because of the competiton here in Toronto between about a dozen comic shops all competing for the same collectors dollars, most shops sell new comics and trades at the US price in Canadian dollars. It makes a heck of a difference on things like the ASM Omnibus, that is priced at $100 US or $160 CDN. First off 60% is ridiculous...who okays that pricing structure at Marvel? Crazy.

Jim

The problem now is not the Canadian dollar but the Canadian wife sorry.gif

The key is to set up a separate mad money account (or credit card) and have the books delivered to you at work instead of at home. What the wifey doesn't know can't hurt you...... poke2.gif

The problem now is not the Canadian dollar but the Canadian wife sorry.gif

The key is to set up a separate mad money account (or credit card) and have the books delivered to you at work instead of at home. What the wifey doesn't know can't hurt you...... poke2.gif

oh trust me... don't how but they do in the end...she'll go insane.gif

then makepoint.gif ...

follwed up by a little

sumo.gif

tonofbricks.gif

And all because of the CAD$... go figure

27_laughing.gif

Parity by the end of the year?

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/reuters/canada_dollar_cibc_col

Jim

thats a bad thing for economy soon as fewer people will buy canadian goods due to higher costs

Yeah, and I must just start ASKING for payments in CDN$ when selling on Ebay. Wouldn't that really be a turn around? I'm fed up with PAYPAL giving unfavorable exchange rates when i withdraw my money into my CDN account, so why not ask for the CDN$ to begin with, especially with such a great rate?