• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A note to the Mods

110 posts in this topic

Ze-man

My list for you. I will preface by saying there haven't been a great deal of great horror films, but these are some notable ones, even though they may not be to everyone's liking.

The Descent

The Hills have Eyes

Wolf Creek

High Tension

House of Wax

The Devil's Rejects

also any of the After Dark Horrorfest movies:

The Abandoned

Unrest

Penny Dreadful

The Gravedancers

The Hamiltons

Reincarnation

Dark Ride

Wicked Little Things

Well.....hell must be experiencing frost-like conditions because I agree on something with deathlok. The Descent is one of the best films I have seen in the past year and definitely one of the best horror films ever. Very claustrophobic, frightening, and extremely sad.

Scott

I agree with this list, but would take out The Devils Rejects and put in Feast. It was kind of quirky, but a fun watch.

I feel just the opposite. I would rather discuss OT topics with comic guys rather than the undesirables in the WC. I have often told Kevin that he should create a Comic WC down here, but that has fallen on deaf ears.

Actually I would love to see a Comic Water Cooler, then we might be spared the bellyaching and subsequent threads that get posted anyway as a result.

Then actual important comic content could remain here and Comics General would improve.

Then people that feel the need can spam away in the other forum. sleeping.gif

The mods do need to be more consistent on this issue.

My personal vote would be to not allow OT threads here. I rarely read them and they just knock other comic related threads off the front page.

That is what the water cooler is for, unbearable as it may be. The more non-comic realted threads we have here, the more non-comic related users we'll attract.

I feel just the opposite. I would rather discuss OT topics with comic guys rather than the undesirables in the WC. I have often told Kevin that he should create a Comic WC down here, but that has fallen on deaf ears.

You still not allowed in the WC? grin.gif
sorry.gif

Ze-man

My list for you. I will preface by saying there haven't been a great deal of great horror films, but these are some notable ones, even though they may not be to everyone's liking.

The Descent

The Hills have Eyes

Wolf Creek

High Tension

House of Wax

The Devil's Rejects

also any of the After Dark Horrorfest movies:

The Abandoned

Unrest

Penny Dreadful

The Gravedancers

The Hamiltons

Reincarnation

Dark Ride

Wicked Little Things

Well.....hell must be experiencing frost-like conditions because I agree on something with deathlok. The Descent is one of the best films I have seen in the past year and definitely one of the best horror films ever. Very claustrophobic, frightening, and extremely sad.

Scott

I agree with this list, but would take out The Devils Rejects and put in Feast. It was kind of quirky, but a fun watch.
After watching Project Greenlight: Feast, the movie was kinda ruined for me.

Actually I would love to see a Comic Water Cooler, then we might be spared the bellyaching and subsequent threads that get posted anyway as a result.

Then actual important comic content could remain here and Comics General would improve.

Then people that feel the need can spam away in the other forum. sleeping.gif

Not sure of how he worded it exactly.

But awhile ago when I inquired Arch about just such a WC for the Comic boys. He basically said it would be one more things to look at , one more room to moderate. In otherwords..

We are already a big ol' pain in his backside.

yay.gif

I think Ze-man's question was/is a reasonable one that deserves an answer... more insights into the mod's mindsets would only help... confused-smiley-013.gif

oh, absolutely 100% agree

I went to see 28 weeks later earlier this week and enjoyed that as well

Really? I want to see it, but am worries that because they had a bigger budget, they went all CGI and got rid of the suspense factor that was in 28 Days Later.

If I wanted to know what the bozos(no offense to you non bozos) in the WC thought about Horror Flicks I would have posted my thread there.

You guys let a thread about Met's and Yankee fans bashing each other go on for some 1500 pages in Comics General, yet you pull my thread about horror flicks out on DVD(some of which are comic related) in a matter of 10 seconds?

Yikes.

WTF is wrong with this place?

Kenny Sanderson

1halloweenb.jpg[/img]

I went to see 28 weeks later earlier this week and enjoyed that as well

Really? I want to see it, but am worries that because they had a bigger budget, they went all CGI and got rid of the suspense factor that was in 28 Days Later.

Yes, I would give it 3/4 stars. You will enjoy it thumbsup2.gif

What about the Saw series?

Typical Hollywood I know, but worth watching.... All 3 of them?

Or is one enough.. or too much?

crazy.gif