• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A note to the Mods

110 posts in this topic

What about the Saw series?

Typical Hollywood I know, but worth watching.... All 3 of them?

Or is one enough.. or too much?

crazy.gif

First one was good ... second one sucked.. I won't even bother watching the 3rd...

For my money.. the best horror to come along in a long time was " House of 1000 Corpses " and part II..."Devil's Rejects"

crazy.gif

First one was good ... second one sucked.. I won't even bother watching the 3rd...

For my money.. the best horror to come along in a long time was " House of 1000 Corpses " and part II..."Devil's Rejects"

thumbsup2.gif Correct

crazy.gif

House of 1000 Corpses was one of the worse movies I have ever seen

crazy.gif

you had to see it in the theatre ...but I think you would've been too young... 893scratchchin-thumb.giftongue.gif

devils rejects was almosthard to watch. The scene in the hotel where they force the guys wife to do things...was just hard to look at sometimes. Overall good flick.

House of a 1000 corpses was much better, but DR was less of a horror movie and more of a violent action movie.

crazy.gif

thumbsup2.gif Correct

acclaim.gif

there was also a French horror film...chick was psycho in it... I can't remember the name of it now... foreheadslap.gif

crazy.gif

you had to see it in the theatre ...but I think you would've been too young... 893scratchchin-thumb.giftongue.gif
flamed.gifyeahok.gif

crazy.gif

thumbsup2.gif Correct

acclaim.gif

there was also a French horror film...chick was psycho in it... I can't remember the name of it now... foreheadslap.gif

I don't think I have seen many French horror films.

btw, tangent, I just noticed DirecTV has the Chiller channel, which plays all horror movies. cloud9.gif

House of 1,000 Corpses (2003)

filmcritic.com James Brundage "...a waste of time on all levels." more... D+

Dave Kehr "...a crowded, frenzied film in which no single idea is developed to a satisfying payoff." more... D

Hollywood Reporter

Frank Scheck "...cheesy and ultragory..." more... D-

New York Post

Megan Lehmann "...an unwatchable mess." more... D-

New York Times

E! Online "...it's just horrible." more... F

crazy.gif

thumbsup2.gif Correct

acclaim.gif

I don't think I have seen many French horror films.

btw, tangent, I just noticed DirecTV has the Chiller channel, which plays all horror movies. cloud9.gif

This French one was really good.. got into your head... I still think about it when I'm opening a door in the dark shy.gif

Channel 257...the Chiller Channel... good stuff at night sometimes.. I find the 80's thriller series could be cut out ...AMC also plays horror flicks on Friday nights...

I watched Son of Frankenstein from 1939 with my son and now he tells me " Frank should've thrown his underwear at the fire" 27_laughing.gif crazy little goofball... cloud9.gif

Dave Kehr "...a crowded, frenzied film in which no single idea is developed to a satisfying payoff." more... D

Hollywood Reporter

New York Post

New York Times

because we all know that critics are always right... yeahok.gif

Hollywood Reporter

New York Post

New York Times

There are too many Fs from the users for me to post.

Hollywood Reporter

New York Post

New York Times

27_laughing.gifsign-funnypost.gif27_laughing.gif

Then actual important comic content could remain here....

That is so rare that if its all that was posted here you would only have to check in on the boards once a week for five minutes.

I went to see 28 weeks later earlier this week and enjoyed that as well

Really? I want to see it, but am worries that because they had a bigger budget, they went all CGI and got rid of the suspense factor that was in 28 Days Later.

Donut, "28 Weeks" is better than "28 Days" in almost every meaningful way. "Weeks" is wall-to-wall coherent craziness that will make your skin crawl. Oh man, just thinking about it makes me want to go see it again.

I went to see 28 weeks later earlier this week and enjoyed that as well

Really? I want to see it, but am worries that because they had a bigger budget, they went all CGI and got rid of the suspense factor that was in 28 Days Later.

Donut, "28 Weeks" is better than "28 Days" in almost every meaningful way. "Weeks" is wall-to-wall coherent craziness that will make your skin crawl. Oh man, just thinking about it makes me want to go see it again.

Excellent! I LOVED 28 Days, so if 28 Weeks is as good as you say it is, I'm definitely in! thumbsup2.gif

I still like this place, and the mods.

Atta boy everybody.

happy.gif

What?..what is everyone looking at?

Nothing!

1453398-AGD_nothing.JPG

I think the annoyance is the seemingly inconsistent enforcement of the rules. And it's nothing new. There have been many instances where people were unhappy about how the mods enforced their rules. It seems to boil down to... "Just because somebody else may get away with it, but that doesn't mean you will. The rules are still there and can be enforced at any time."