• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: looking for an arcade cabinet

33 posts in this topic

Well everybody...I bought a cabinet that's exactly the style I want! It's in excellent condition (I'd give it a 9.6 tongue.gif ). It looks like this:

1065803398.jpg

Nice purchase thumbsup2.gif

This thing was a *spoon* to get up the stairs, but it has literally everything besides the screen and game boards (glass, speakers, coin mechs, lighting, $1.25 in quarters...) I did have to pick a couple of the locks that the seller didn't have keys for, but he gave me some free replacement locks with keys. Now it's time to start planning and ordering parts thumbsup2.gif

arcade1.jpg

arcade2.jpg

arcade3.jpg

arcade4.jpg

arcade5.jpg

arcade6.jpg

arcade7.jpg

arcade8.jpg

arcade9.jpg

Quick question --> Why didn't you get the monitor also? Going from computer to TV isn't tough, but you do not get the authentic feel of the arcade game on a TV.

Quick question --> Why didn't you get the monitor also? Going from computer to TV isn't tough, but you do not get the authentic feel of the arcade game on a TV.

It wasn't for sale and I already have a 27" tv with component inputs which should help out the visual quality a tad over using composite or svideo. I'll probably mess around with Soft15k and see if that improves the quality even more. My tv fits the existing bezel perfectly too.

It wasn't for sale and I already have a 27" tv with component inputs which should help out the visual quality a tad over using composite or svideo. I'll probably mess around with Soft15k and see if that improves the quality even more. My tv fits the existing bezel perfectly too.

Gotcha about the monitor. Here's a recommendation for the software to sit ontop of the MAME software --http://advancemame.sourceforge.net/

I use it and had no problems with it.

Gotcha about the monitor. Here's a recommendation for the software to sit ontop of the MAME software --http://advancemame.sourceforge.net/

I was actually thinking of using Mala simply because I'll be using Ultimarc's UltraStik360's and Mala has a plugin to automatically load an UltraStik mapping based on a game's xml info.

I was actually thinking of using Mala simply because I'll be using Ultimarc's UltraStik360's and Mala has a plugin to automatically load an UltraStik mapping based on a game's xml info.

I'm not familiar with Mala, but good luck!

a8f3_1.JPG

I know this is a totally off-topic thread-from-the-dead, but just thought someone might want to see the "finished" product. The quotes are because I'm still waiting on my artist friend to finish the control panel overlay artwork, but other than that it's done:

http://www.comicfanboy.net/node/43

Sweeeeeet :applause:

What games have you been playing?

arcade29.jpg

SF2 (obviously), marvel superheroes, marvel vs capcom, KoF, ninja turtles, x-men, gauntlet, marble madness, arkanoid....most of the time, i'll just flip to a random game and try it out. I have 3000 games on the machine AFTER removing all the clones and mahjong games (thumbs u

arcade29.jpg

SF2 (obviously), marvel superheroes, marvel vs capcom, KoF, ninja turtles, x-men, gauntlet, marble madness, arkanoid....most of the time, i'll just flip to a random game and try it out. I have 3000 games on the machine AFTER removing all the clones and mahjong games (thumbs u

No Golden Tee?

(tsk)

:makepoint:

arcade29.jpg

No Golden Tee?

(tsk)

Actually, I have played golden tee a few times, but the trackball has mainly been used for marble madness and missile command thus far.

arcade29.jpg

No Golden Tee?

(tsk)

Actually, I have played golden tee a few times, but the trackball has mainly been used for marble madness and missile command thus far.

MC rocks.