• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What type of archival tape do people use...and where do you get it?

5 posts in this topic

Just what the post says....

curious about archival tape...never seen it, never had any, don't know where to get it.....

thanks

I haven't used any, but I think this is the type: Filmoplast P. Or maybe this: Lineco's Document Repair Tape

With tapes and glues, proceed with caution. Here's a detailed article by Tracey Heft on the pitfalls of residue, including 'archival' tapes: Scoop: Making the Grade July 28, 2006

"A test of adhesives for pH changes due to aging was conducted by the Canadian Conservation Institute in 1988 and of the 52 different adhesives tested (including products readily available to the average consumer) only 3 passed the stringent requirements set forth in the study. The rest were deemed unacceptable for conservation purposes. Of the 3 that passed the test, none are commercially available outside of the museum field. Of the 3 that passed, none are currently used by comic book restorers to repair books- as they fail certain flexibility requirements..."

Thank for the information...my purpose for this is to put a photopcopy page into a beater daredevil #1....just thought I'd try to make it look decent. I probably won't do it now, but knowing how and what the conservators use is helpful.

Thanks again...

Ello, PM or call me and I can walk you through a few other possible ways to get that page inserted into your DD #1.

Kenny