• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC 9.6 SS Hulk 181 TRIPLE SIG: $13,000?!

17 posts in this topic

What the hell is this guy smoking?

http://cgi.ebay.com/INCREDIBLE-HULK-181-...1QQcmdZViewItem

I was going to attempt the same thing and get these 3 sigs on my 9.6 Hulk181...but this dude beat me to it. Also, it's very, VERY easy for a 9.6 to become a 9.4....so I'm amazed he got 3 sigs and it still managed to stay at 9.6! frown.gif

....Makes me want to sell my plain CGC 9.6 Hulk 181. :\

-Issa

the biggest problem i've always had about buying this book (besides the high price) is the fact that wolverine was drawn horribly on the cover (i take it that's how he looked originally).

this is why i don't care for cgc. cgc IS great for restoration, but i can't get into paying ridiculous prices just because cgc gave it a specific grade. for the most part i'd rather own a raw book and pay less for it.

a one of a kind book at a one of a kind price

Nonsense! He's charging double the price of what ComicsPriceGuide.com says the book is worth. I strongly DOUBT that anyone who pays $13,000 for this book will ever see a return on that investment. I'm not 100% sure but:

1.) There's an increasing number of 9.8's in the past year according to Census.

2.) Len Wein/Herbe Trimpe are no longer involved in comic book creation and their reputations aren't moderately modest, AFAIK.

3.) Stan Lee had nothing to do with the creation of this book, IIRC.

The seller should include with this book, a coupon that is good for 50% your first lobotomy. Buyers of this book won't be needing that part of their brain. :-\

-Issa

while stan had nothing to do with this book, i personally believe that you can always sign a book that's about a character you created.

that being said, this price is a disgusting.

"2.) Len Wein/Herbe Trimpe are no longer involved in comic book creation and their reputations aren't moderately modest, AFAIK."

care to explain. i'm not sure what you meant by this.

Regardless of the price, it's a one of a kind item, is graded 9.6, has signatures of 3 legends of the hobby, is centered correctly, and has white pages. If I had the money, takeit.gif

it's not a one of a kind item. is Len Wein dead? it's one of a kind at the moment, but what's stopping someone from getting those sigs on another book?

getting Stan Lee and Herb Trimpe to sign the book would be pretty simple for someone who wanted to pay for it either through a submission agent like thecollector or Paradise. no clue about Len Wein, though I expect it wouldn't be impossible...

what happens to the value of this book if one of the other eight hundred million 9.6 or 9.8 copies of this book get the triple sig treatment? drop by half? one-third?

confused-smiley-013.gif

len wein has been popping up all over the place as of late. Those sigs might add a hundred to GPA for a 9.6, but nothing more.

I thought it would be maybe 5.5K MAX with the sigs which is more than 1K average for a 9.6 Blue Label for the sigs but when I saw the price I just closed the link in shock. Seller is allowed to price his book as he pleases but it doesnt mean he will get that amount.

I thought it would be maybe 5.5K MAX with the sigs which is more than 1K average for a 9.6 Blue Label for the sigs but when I saw the price I just closed the link in shock. Seller is allowed to price his book as he pleases but it doesnt mean he will get that amount.

Word.

What the hell is this guy smoking?

http://cgi.ebay.com/INCREDIBLE-HULK-181-...1QQcmdZViewItem

I was going to attempt the same thing and get these 3 sigs on my 9.6 Hulk181...but this dude beat me to it. Also, it's very, VERY easy for a 9.6 to become a 9.4....so I'm amazed he got 3 sigs and it still managed to stay at 9.6! frown.gif

....Makes me want to sell my plain CGC 9.6 Hulk 181. :\

-Issa

sign-funnypost.gif27_laughing.gif

The seller smokes duMaurier extra lights. ( gossip.gif and a lot of them too)

Book has been sold. Not for 13k but very very close to it. 893whatthe.gif

As for a getting another one done for the future I’m sure it will happen again when we find some time. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And yes it is hard to keep a 9.6 on any book when getting 3 sigs on it.

But it can be done when the right people handle a book. grin.gifwink.gifsmirk.gif

Your plain CGC 9.6 Hulk 181 still rocks thumbsup2.gif

Make the attempt let's see if you can do it. poke2.gif

I actually got into contact with Len Wein and Herbe Trimpe. I can get them to sign my CGC 9.6 Hulk 181. I'd have to crack it out of the case and have them sign it.....but how will I get a CGC witness to where-ever Herbe/Len are? I mean, they live in the middle of nowhere no to mention very far apart. Will CGC go to these places? or am I stuck waiting for a convention? Thanks.

-Issa

I actually got into contact with Len Wein and Herbe Trimpe. I can get them to sign my CGC 9.6 Hulk 181. I'd have to crack it out of the case and have them sign it.....but how will I get a CGC witness to where-ever Herbe/Len are? I mean, they live in the middle of nowhere no to mention very far apart. Will CGC go to these places? or am I stuck waiting for a convention? Thanks.

-Issa

you'd have to try and get cgc to make it an official signing