• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will there be another Hulk 181?

140 posts in this topic

Seank asked if DD 168 will be the next Hulk 181. I was just wondering, if there ever has been a book like Hulk 181. Specifically somewhere between 1970 and 1980?

I became a serious collector in and around 1977 so not sure if there was/were any rapid escalations of prices on certain books. I personally can't think of any comic, other than maybe FF 48 - and we all know what's happened to that book.

So, if the answer is no, there has not ever been a comic like Hulk 181, what would make anyone feel there would be a next one? confused.gif

And, if you feel there will be a next one, which one?

Nope, comics have moved into a mature stage in their life-cycle, and basically, what we have now is what we'll have in the future.

Anyone hoping for the emergence of another key along the lines of Bronze issues like Hulk 181, ASM 129 or GS X-Men #1 is dreaming.

Seank asked if DD 168 will be the next Hulk 181. I was just wondering, if there ever has been a book like Hulk 181. Specifically somewhere between 1970 and 1980?

I became a serious collector in and around 1977 so not sure if there was/were any rapid escalations of prices on certain books. I personally can't think of any comic, other than maybe FF 48 - and we all know what's happened to that book.

So, if the answer is no, there has not ever been a comic like Hulk 181, what would make anyone feel there would be a next one? confused.gif

It's already been decided.... but I'm not telling you which one! grin.gif

It's already been decided.... but I'm not telling you which one! grin.gif

No doc, it's not Spiderwoman #1.