• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will there be another Hulk 181?

140 posts in this topic

If the character had continued, and been developed, ASM 238 might have been an even better 1st App. book.

The initial Hobgoblin mystery by Stern was great..... if you haven't read Hobgoblin Lives, grab it. It's the conclusion of the Hobgoblin story the way Stern meant it to end.

I think some of the first Ultimate issues have potential to go pretty far in an Giant Size X-Men sort of way

I don't think so as they are basically a re-hash of what has gone before. They don't have any new character first appearances like GSXM does.

I recently found my "last pack" of comics I bought in the early 90's, before I left the hobby for awhile (maybe the topic for another thread 893whatthe.gif) and after breaking the seal, and then waking up, I found an issue of CBG.

Inside was an excellent article on the economics of new comic values and exactly what to watch out for when buying much-hyped, skyrocketing Modern comics. It was written in 1992, but is a virtual template for the Ultimates fiasco to come.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif to the bank!!!!

Ultimate Line: 3 years old? Wow!! check out the recent sales below!!

It took 30 years for Giant X-Men and 181 to receive their optimal price.

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN 1 WHITE CGC 9.8 $1,175.00 Ultimate Spider Man 1 WHITE 9.8 CGC Spiderman $1,100.00 Ultimate Spiderman #1 White variant CGC 9.6 $550.00 Ultimate Spiderman White Variant # 1 CGC 9.6 $475.00 ULTIMATE SPIDERMAN # 1 WHITE CGC SIG $455.00

Ultimate X Men DF Sketch CGC 9.6 w COA $255.00

CGC 9.8 ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #2 SWING $249.95

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN # 1 CGC 9.6 $225.00

ULTIMATE SPIDERMAN 4 CGC 9.8 $199.95

CGC 9.8 ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #6 $199.95

CGC 9.8 ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #2 CAR $179.95

Ultimate Spiderman #2 CGC 9.8! NO RES!!!! $177.50

ULTIMATE SPIDERMAN # 1 DF / COA CGC 9.4 $163.50

DF Ultimate Spider-Man 1 NM/Mint CGC Look! $162.50

Dynamic Forces Ultimate Spider-Man #1 CGC 9.4 $160.01

Ultimate Spider-man #1 DF Edition!!! CGC 9.4 $156.01

CGC 9.6 Ultimate X-Men 1 DF WHITE SKETCH $124.99

Rare Ultimate X-Men CGC 9.8 w/ FRAME $118.01

Ultimate X-Men #1 CGC 9.6 Dynamic Forces Ed. $85.00

ULTIMATES # 5 CGC 9.8 $180.27 CGC 9.8 ULTIMATES #5 $132.50 CGC 9.8 ULTIMATES #5 ULTIMATE $99.95

ULTIMATES # 1 CGC 9.9 MINT AVENGERS $90.00

CGC 9.8 ULTIMATES #5 ULTIMATE $89.95

ULTIMATES # 2 CGC 9.8 $46.00

OMG...who are these fools paying up to $180 for Ultimates #5 CGC 9.8? 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif 1st Ultimate Hulk? How about the "ultimate" Who With Half A Brain Gives a Flying 893censored-thumb.gif???

Everybody should go to eBay RIGHT NOW and look at the recent completed sales for this issue. Many CGC 9.8 copies have fetched $90-$180. Sheer madness, I say...the eeriest shades yet of 1990-1993... 893naughty-thumb.gif

Gene

OMG...who are these fools paying up to $180 for Ultimates #5 CGC 9.8? 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif 1st Ultimate Hulk? How about the "ultimate" Who With Half A Brain Gives a Flying 893censored-thumb.gif???

The $180 for Ultimates #5 was an exception, but he was the only bidder you have criticized out of more than 50 transanctions. How about the other bidders of the other transanctions, are they fools too?

Others fools you would like to check out are the people that are currently bidding on the Utlimate Spiderman #3 CGC 9.8!!

Sheer madness, I say...the eeriest shades yet of 1990-1993... 893naughty-thumb.gif

Oh yeah, this CGC and Ultimates situation has all the markings of a huge bloodbath. I can never understand why people continue to pour money into this sort of short-term fad.

Here's a stat: What comic suddenly skyrocketed in value soon after publication and then held its value long-term?

Answer: NONE, NADA, ZILCH

Sheer madness, I say...the eeriest shades yet of 1990-1993... 893naughty-thumb.gif

Oh yeah, this CGC and Ultimates situation has all the markings of a huge bloodbath. I can never understand why people continue to pour money into this sort of short-term fad.

Here's a stat: What comic suddenly skyrocketed in value soon after publication and then held its value long-term?

Answer: NONE, NADA, ZILCH

Gaiman's Sandman #1 hasn't done too shabbily on this front. It went up in value shortly after publication and has never crashed. It's value isn't what it once was, but this issue has maintained strong collectibility and desirability.

Now you may claim that it's value never "skyrocketed", and maybe it didn't. But it certainly commanded a solid premium over cover price within months of publication.