• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Amazing Spider-Man #77 Lizard and Torch app.

22 posts in this topic

Is this book worth grading? Please help me decide. I'd be fine with 7.0 raw but would want to grade a 7.5 or better.

amazingspiderman77frontgd5.jpg

amazingspiderman77backlo5.jpg

Pages are kinda tan to off-white in my estimation. I bought this as a "hi-grade" book off ebay.

What do you guys think?

Thanks all!

With what you guys are saying, I will definately not bother with sending it in for slabbing.

i guess it just goes to show what you get for a "hi-grade" ebay book

Thanks all!

With what you guys are saying, I will definately not bother with sending it in for slabbing.

Buy your raw HG books here on the boards . . . you'll do much better. grin.gif

Thanks all!

Buy your raw HG books here on the boards . . . you'll do much better. grin.gif

Divad, I'm going to have disagree with your statement there. Or to be more exact, further develop your point- buy your High Grade AND Low Grade comics here. grin.gif

Oneasian, my experience since joining the forum a month ago has been that members here (in the 50+ issues I've picked up the past 2-3 weeks) have consistently graded at least if not lower than advertised. I'm not so sure that eBay can make the same claim if you're buying from an uknown seller (despite 99.9% -100% positive ratings). Not only that, but the prices aren't really any different for the most part here as well.

I'd probably place this issue a 6.0 tops just because it seems to have a few more small creases, lower cover gloss, etc, than most of the issues I've got at a 6.0 level.

One thing's for sure, these boards are an awesome place to get slabbed books.

For certain issues I really like, especially the older books (SA for me), I prefer having a graded copy in 7.0 or better (it's what I can afford) and a raw copy smile.gif

For certain issues I really like, especially the older books (SA for me), I prefer having a graded copy in 7.0 or better (it's what I can afford) and a raw copy smile.gif

Uh, nobody slabs a 7.0 book . . . insane.gif

i guess i'm really showing my age when i say that the older SA books in 7.0 F/VF range are what I can afford

i guess i'm really showing my age when i say that the older SA books in 7.0 F/VF range are what I can afford

confused-smiley-013.gif Collect what you can afford. As for the age thing, I'm finding I have less money for comics now then when I was just getting out of university (e.g. mortgage, child care expenses etc..).

confused-smiley-013.gif Collect what you can afford. As for the age thing, I'm finding I have less money for comics now then when I was just getting out of university (e.g. mortgage, child care expenses etc..).

i think i'm just discovering that now, although i dont yet have the mortgage or children to take care of

i think i'm just discovering that now, although i dont yet have the mortgage or children to take care of

Just make sure you buy your big tv, comic grails etc. before you get married. 27_laughing.gif

Roger that! Kind of hard explaining to the wife how paying large sums of money for one comic book makes total sense.

Then again, if your wife has a penchant for J.Crew clothing and pays $50 for a t-shirt, you're safe. smile.gif