• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zombie Genre - Appeal?

27 posts in this topic

I'm not that much of a fan of zombie movies on my own, but I've got a friend who is, and I've seen a lot of zombie movies. I thought "Dead and Breakfast" was a good/funny movie. I liked Shaun.

I've even seen the German zombie movie that was supposed to have the highest body count of any movie ever made (at the time) (can't remember the title).

I like the old zombie movies where the zombies are slow, lumbering creatures...especially when people use them for target practice. grin.gif

I love the homage covers from the Marvel Zombies comics, but I haven't read a single one, so I have no idea what they're about.

Impending doom is what always gets me...

really...

Impending doom is great in movies and is a staple in the zombie movie. Another great old movie with impending doom is the "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"; both the old black and white (my favorite) and the 70's remake with Donald Sutherland. For some reason, I like the movies where our heroes are doomed from the beginning.

The "zombie" thing never has done much for me. I do find some of the movies scary. I saw "Night Of The Living Dead" on late night TV back in 1980 and was pretty scared at age 14. Movies with a lot of "gore" don't appeal to me, so I don't gravitate towards the zombie movies as much. To each their own.

I don't like gore in movies either. It is actually my least favorite part of the whole zombie genre. I really enjoy The Walking Dead despite the gore. It is my least favorite part. I don't understand how gore appeals to people. But, yet, I love the zombie genre. Go figure. confused.gif