• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Acid Free Boards... Which side do I use?

42 posts in this topic

My pleasure DWL. I am a recent arrival myself.

Don't worry about feeling inferior when it comes to Bangzoom's books. It's kind of a relief resigning oneself to the fact that there are lots of collections out there better than one's own.

That said, remember there are no small collections - just small collectors.

And divad - I stand corrected. I think I get it now thumbsup2.gif

Enough to make you question why we collectors board comics at all. I can understand dealers doing it as their books will be handled a lot but books in a collection being re-read once every 5 years or so - is it really worth it?

They do look nicer boarded in the box, but the cost not to mention the extra space thousands of boards take up???

Earl.

Well, the problem with not boarding them is this: You handle them more than you think. Most, if not all, of the spine damage to my unboarded books came from moments when I just HAD to dig out a particular issue that I recalled seeing before. Not being catalogued and being stacked horizontally required more movement (in retrospect) than I would have wished to incur. Picking up stacks of unboarded comics = spine creases. When you think about it . . . It is probably the number one way that spine creases occur. Christo_pull_hair.gif

david cool.gif