• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about the Hulk 307 cover on ebay

7 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

I was just looking at this auction and I'm having trouble telling if the first piece is just the inks over the lightboxed pencils. It looks like Mignola's name was erased from the inked piece:

052507bha30a.jpg

Are these the original pencils or a photocopy?confused.gif

The seller assumes in the auction that its a copy of the pencils.

052507bha30b.jpg

Anyone thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know for sure but it looks like the pencils were blueline copied onto Marvel board and then inked there which is why Mignola's name is lighter as the inker wouldn't ink Mignola's name on the border as it made no sense to do so. That's my take on seeing this.

"I am assuming this is a copy because I don't want to remove it from the frame to check for sure"

$1,800 and reserve not met yet. If I were spending that kind of money, I'd want to know for sure what was in the frame.

But that's just me.

I took your advice and just sent him an e-mail asking for more info about the art. In particular if the art contains Mignola's original pencils. With my luck I would win the auction and the following week the original pencils for the cover would pop up on ebay.

Hopefully I hear back.

re: your luck

Watch - now that you've asked he will find a long lost Tim Sale cover behind the mat (which you would have gotten for free if you had never asked him to open up the frame!)

Let us know what you find out! And good luck it's a beautiful piece!

(And no, I have no intention of bidding.)