• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you have these signed books slabbed?

6 posts in this topic

I had these books signed by Neil Gaiman and Garth Ennis a few years back in San Diego. I really like them and was thinking of having them slabbed for posterity. I'm just not sure I like the "Name Written on Cover in Marker" listing on the Qualified labels. Will the Gaiman sketches come back as "Doodling on Cover in Marker"?

What is the general consensus when it comes to slabbing non-Signature Series signed books? Thanks for your opinions.

Hellblazer.jpg

Sandman.jpg

Preacher.jpg

Also, did Brian K. Vaughn's non-Signature Series signature hurt the grade on this?

runaways.jpg

Honestly, if you plan on keeping them and never selling, placing them in mylars with fullbacks would suffice thumbsup2.gif. Not sure if slabbing would increase value unless were talking 9.4 or better(concerning the HB 27, SM 50 PLAT and P 1) confused-smiley-013.gif.....as for the green label.......I have both purchased and sold Q's in the past and it has never affected me negatively grin.gif.

my 2 cents...

as a witness I would cringe at having a green label as there is so much out there in yellow label that can be had with the guarantee that comes with the signature. (yes even Gaiman). I would agree that putting them in a bag and board and maybe a top loader would do the trick for me.

I have some DF books signed and sketched by Quitely and Morrison that look just as nice in top loads.

In the future, contact a witness about getting books signature series'd, even if it is a show you wont be attending most of the time arrangements can be made!

That said...GREAT LOOKING BOOKS! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks. And yes, I doubt I'll ever sell these. I would have had Neil Gaiman personalize them if I had my wits about me. I wasn't yet wise to the CGC back in 03 (03?). I love the Signature Series books and am hoping to have CGC pin down Mr. Gaiman (not literary of course) this year in San Diego. Thanks for the advice.