• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KUDOS THREAD - positive feedback on buyers/sellers

21,401 posts in this topic

comicwiz/Joseph: We did a fairly large (for frugal old me, anyway) transaction on some CGC Byrne X-Men and a few other Bronze books, and it was smooth with a capital S.

It was a pleasure dealing with Vince thumbsup2.gif

Some long overdue Kudos to forumites I've dealt with; my sincerest apologies if I have forgotten to include you on the list;

OldGuy: great person with which I continute to communicate on/off about anything and everything -- but mostly related to comics, and his appreciation for Wrightson and Frazetta thumbsup2.gif (BTW: I'd love to get a pic of that WSF 29 behind the glass laugh.gif)

joe_collector: an awesome transaction on some CGC'd Byrne books, and repeat purchased on a few others Bronze goodies. Hope you like the Collossus TPB and thanks for taking the time to post feedback! thumbsup2.gif

chromium Allan is an awesome guy. Not much more to add other than the fact that I'm sure he will be most pleased with his books once he gets them. Big thanks also to chrisco37 for helping facilitate the purchase.

Filter81 Adam swooped up some huge killer keys. Very excited that I had a chance to deal with such a great, no-nonsense kind of person. thumbsup2.gif

Nikos61 Since your purchase, I started a cover recreation of that very cover. I really loved that book growing-up, and am really glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the great feedback! thumbsup2.gif

Rshale Very happy to have had an opportunity to work the CGC'd X-books with Randy, the class-act that he surely is. Thanks for the great feedback! thumbsup2.gif

Cody Starbuck Jeff picked-up some Byrne X-Men books which I am going to get out the door today. Also inquired about some undergrounds -- and although I thought I had a spare first printing, I did manage to find someone who is willing to sell one to Jeff. Let me know how that goes.

I know there are a bunch of others I'm missing; some who purchased and I know frequent these boards, but I just couldn't make the connection. If that's the case, just drop me an email/PM, and I'll make sure to add you to the next list of Kudos 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks again to everyone! laugh.gif

Another + to DrBanner since I know that our transaction is going to go well.

Also a first positive transaction in the making with rob_react. He upgraded me to Priority free of charge! wink.gif

Also my updated list:

All4comics (ebay)

Andrewknight (private)

Araich (private)

Bigman (In person and ebay)

Blazingbob (ebay & private)

Bluecollarjoe (ebay & private)

Bonds25 (ebay and private)

Bronty (private)

Bronzebruce13 (private)

Chromium (private)

Cicamen (private)

Clobberintime (ebay)

Comgeek (ebay)

Comix4Fun (private)

Dam60 (ebay & private)

Darthdiesel (Ebay and private)

Davidking623 (ebay and private)

Deathlok (ebay)

Denofthieves (ebay and private)

DiceX (private)

Drbanner (ebay and private)

Drdonaldblake (private)

Dungeon (private)

Greggy (ebay and private)

Griii (ebay and private)

Hensley300 (ebay)

Hitman (ebay)

HeritageJohn (ebay)

Ideal808 (ebay)

Isellonebay (ebay & private)

Jiveturkeymofo (private)

JLA_all_the_way (ebay and private)

Joanna (private)

Joe_collector (private)

Joecgcmaniac (ebay and private)

Jonah_Hex (private)

Jonnydouble (private)

Jordanabigail (private)

Kahml (private)

Light_house (ebay and private)

Metropolisent (private)

MikeS (ebay & private)

Muaddib (private)

Musicmeta (ebay & private)

MW1 (Private)

Nextlevelmp (ebay)

Nochips (ebay & private)

Notch_Top (ebay)

Polyphemus (ebay)

Rob_react (ebay)

Savagetales (ebay)

Scottish (ebay)

Shieldagent (ebay & private)

Shiverbones (private)

Spider9698 (ebay)

Spidermanbeyond (private)

Tegelaar (ebay)

THE_BEYONDER (private)

Tkg2627 (ebay & private)

Vintagecomics (ebay; screwed me)

Willfury (private)

Wilquon (ebay and private)

Wolvergeek (private)

Yertle (private)

Zen (ebay & private)

OK.....here is my kudos list. Unlike others who apologise for missing people off of their lists.....if you are not on my list and we did business then I wasn't happy with the deal.

Araich - Great books that will never be for sale. The wife loved the Miss America which I gave her for Christmas. Packages a treat....willing to talk about the books and delivers on time and on budget.

Joanna - I must own nearly 30 of your books.....you turned me on to Lois Lane and Wonderwoman and for that I will be eternally grateful (my favourites though are the teen titans I bought and the production proofs). As a seller you have few equals.

AlexH - I still don't buy the price differential between SS books and other reputable sig suppliers but man you get me some books that are really nice with signatures that I otherwise would have no hope of obtaining. You also provide service par excellence.

Gman - Got the books yesterday. Unbelievable service. That Bugs showtime file copy is as fine a book as I own.

Dam60 - I have only bought one book from you (Great Ra's book for the price)..but you get my kudos for being the nicest guy on the boards and for doing me so many favours. Plus you collect Batman.

Nesta - two great production art pieces. The three mouseketeers is a particular favourite. Your luck in finding them was definitely my gain. As with all the rest your service was top class.

Bronzebruce - Your grading is spot on. If I collected more Marvel then you and I would definitely be doing much more business.

Lighthouse - We have only had one deal...which of course went extremely smoothly...when I get some time I will contact you about getting a regular new issue delivery form you.

Titan777 - I would buy from you again.

Dr Banner - That Terrors of the jungle was a great buy. I was just looking at it again last weekend.

Wolvergeek - I loved the Joes and the service was brilliant.

Darthdiesel - I am not big on Marvels as you know but those Hulks were spot on graded and I read them cover to cover. First class service as well.

Being on these boards has certainly enhanced my collection as well as adding to my knowledge. Thanks to you all.

Gman - Got the books yesterday. Unbelievable service. That Bugs showtime file copy is as fine a book as I own.

thanks for the kind words. Great doing business with you as well. And thanks to Dam60 for assisting in payment. thumbsup2.gif all around.

Lighthouse - We have only had one deal...which of course went extremely smoothly...when I get some time I will contact you about getting a regular new issue delivery form you.

Even though we give the Aussies a lot of flak for constantly selling CGC 9.4's of Amazing Fantasy 15, ours was definitely a "no worries" deal for me. thumbsup2.gif

And although I never intended to offer new issue subscriptions through the forum when I arrived, you're not the first to inquire and I'll be happy to work something out.

So who are these mystery people who deserve the anti-kudos? gossip.gifgossip.gifgossip.gif

Another smooth deal with Minutekev. This time I was the buyer and am very happy with the comic that arrived quickly and in a bullet proof package. thumbsup2.gif

I need to get me some more firearms... I have only been testing my inbound packages with a framing hammer. I feel so emasculated... foreheadslap.gif

Another smooth deal with Minutekev. This time I was the buyer and am very happy with the comic that arrived quickly and in a bullet proof package. thumbsup2.gif

27_laughing.gif

That was only the third CGC comic that I shipped so I made sure to use sufficient bubble wrap!

Thanks again, Brian. Like you said a 'smoooooooooooth' transaction all around.

Kudos to Doc Banner! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I was just starting to make out his Paypal invoice when his payment popped up in my email box!

893whatthe.gif

I guess he wanted them fast! 27_laughing.gif

And ImageMask for another fast payment for that ASM 151. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I need to get me some more firearms... I have only been testing my inbound packages with a framing hammer. I feel so emasculated... foreheadslap.gif

You had me freaked out for a second. You shouldn't use "inbound package" and "hammer" in the same sentence. makepoint.gif

You had me freaked out for a second. You shouldn't use "inbound package" and "hammer" in the same sentence. makepoint.gif

Shouldn't you be busy reading Sandman? gossip.gif

I'd like to let everyone know what a terrific forumite, 143ksk (don't know if I should throw in his name so I won't?!?!?), did for me. I posted that I wanted to scrounge up a copy of the GA Airboy series to let my Dad read an issue. Of all the GA titles he read as a boy, he had never heard of this and didn't believe that my Eclipse Airboy issues were based on something from the '40s. In a few days he'll get to see it for himself. I'm going to enjoy reading this one myself too! 143ksk didn't even accept my offer to pay postage, just packed up a nice reading copy of Airboy and mailed it.

What a great thing to do for a fellow comics fan! thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Joanna - I must own nearly 30 of your books.....you turned me on to Lois Lane and Wonderwoman and for that I will be eternally grateful (my favourites though are the teen titans I bought and the production proofs). As a seller you have few equals.

You have always been such a joy to work with. If I ever have to sell again, I'll be hoping I have some books you want. I'm so glad those proofs found such a good home.

-- Joanna