• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KUDOS THREAD - positive feedback on buyers/sellers

21,401 posts in this topic

Kudos to:

shiverbones and drbanner for great VCC deals

GreatEscape, GACollectibles and october all for accomodating my unusual shipping request while I've been travelling,

and finally special thanks to Vincent from Metropolis for his warm welcome while I was in NY and especially for his gastronomic tips while I was there! 893applaud-thumb.gif

for accomodating my unusual shipping request

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Asking to have your books shipped in boxes from men's underwear? confused-smiley-013.gif

Asking to have your books shipped in boxes from men's underwear?

I've yet to purchase anything from Greggy.....

And you never will 893naughty-thumb.gif

doh!
They've been baggin' and boarding your moderns so why not this? cloud9.gif

So I left work early today to make sure I beat the traffic and get to the post office before it closes at 5. I walk up to the counter and hand over my pink slip and I get a look from the clerk that says "Good God! Someone's finally here to take that thrice-accursed totem of evil" I had heard that a series of unfortunate freakish mishaps had befallen the workers at that branch since last Tuesday when the package arrived - two carriers will not be coming back tonofbricks.gif

After the brave clerk had returned from the back with the package, I saw her cleaning off the last vestiges of that yellow police -do not cross - crime scene tape, stuck to the Greggy box. After practically throwing it at me, she told me, in not so many words, That I was never to come thru that post office door again and what kind of person deals with such a malevolent force like Greggy. She told me no good could ever come of it and if I valued my soul, I should break all ties with Greggy, as soon as possible. I could only apologize profusely as I was forcefully ushered out the door along with this package of hell. It shuddered as if it had a mind of its own. It sensed the outside, knowing that it was almost free again, to be let loose in the streets, wreaking havoc. The two brave workers that had given up their limbs as sacrifice was nowhere near enough to put a dent in this package's insatiable appetite.

As I brought the package home, I was thankful that my family was nowhere around and that I would be able to open this seething vileness, also known as GReggy's VCC reject package. I would be able to perform the elaborate and perilous cleansing rituals before I would trust these books around my precious family. I'd never forgive myself if I let any part of greggy's sickness corrupt my young children, so full of light and hope.

I sat there carefully with my bone shank, carved from the ulna of a recently canonized saint. Piercing that outer layer of cellophane, I was almost overcome by the foulest of stenches emanating from within. But bravely, (or foolishly), I pressed on to manage to remove the innards of packing as only a master of the dark arts could manage to put together.

As I removed the contents, uttering incoherent ancient prayers, I saw pristine examples of Greggy's undergraded Date With Debbies, only to be marred, by a mysterious "stain" around the mid spine area. My insides churned as I pondered what on God's green earth could possibly make such a gelatinous rotted mess.

I quietly heard Greggy's laughter inside my head as I got to the 9.2 Lois Lane - Greggy had left his trademark - none other that the famed "nutsack crease" - on my poor NM- Lois. I wept for a good hour, bemoaning my loss, and swearing that one day, I will brave the trek into the Great Frozen North and exact my revenge on the giggling gremlin known as Greggy sumo.gif

Monster kudos to nochips for a wonderful Origins set. I got it on Saturday and I'm halfway thru the set. Well packed and always great to deal with Mark

MikeS - the last of my VCC buys - got the awesome package today and steadied my nerves after the ordeal Greggy's 'goods' had caused. Thanks for a wonderful deal and I'm glad I could continue to work with trusted forumites thumbsup2.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif Ship my books yet dork? 27_laughing.gif

I can only assume this was directed at the Turgid Tranvestite of the Tumultuous Tundra? confused-smiley-013.gif

acclaim.gif

Just got my stuff from OldGuy. Perfect transaction. Books were VERY well packed and in awesome shape. Shipping was prompt. Looking forward to doing business with him again. Thanks Brian!

Just got my stuff from OldGuy. Perfect transaction. Books were VERY well packed and in awesome shape. Shipping was prompt. Looking forward to doing business with him again. Thanks Brian!

A pleasure doing business. headbang.gif

Big Thanks go out to comicdey for helping me fill in some gaping holes in my collection (e.g ASM, TOS and Silver Surfer). Here's some samples:

ASM14.jpg

ASM97.jpg

yay.gif