• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daredevil/Elektra: Love & War by Miller/Sienkiewicz

10 posts in this topic

Has anyone read Daredevil/Elektra: Love & War by Miller & Sienkiewicz? Not sure when it came out or how I missed it all these years...for some reason I thought it was just a reprint of Elektra: Assassin, but I think it's a full-length, original HC graphic novel, no?

Anyway, I was thinking about picking this one up on Amazon.com. Not to judge a book by its cover, but the stunning Sienkiewicz cover may alone be worth the price of the book (I saw the original artwork for sale in San Diego for some outrageous price...$6K, I believe, for something that's smaller than a standard comic page).

Worth picking up? Thoughts?

Gene

Amazon.com says it's 328 (!) pages long?!! Is that wrong or did they stick a ton of reprints in as well? The main story is all-original material, right?

Gene

It was one of the "Marvel Graphic Novel" series and was as long as those normally are.

After a little detective work I see that what you're buying is the Love and War GN + Elektra Assassin repackaged.

Ahhh...that explains why there is a "Daredevil: Love and War" TPB listed separately at 64 pages. So, I guess that Elektra does not even feature in the graphic novel? And the "Daredevil/Elektra: Love and War" HC I guess is just the Daredevil TPB combined with Elektra: Assassin with a new Sienkiewicz cover. Now it becomes clear...thanks.

Gene

Oh yeah, I own and have read Elektra Lives Again...looks like DD Love & War came out in 1990...with few exceptions, I pretty much stopped collecting everything but Uncanny X-Men (and later X-Men) while I was in college...the whole Valiant craze totally passed me by, as did the release of this graphic novel, apparently! blush.gif

Gene