• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

warrior

12 posts in this topic

i know its a mag, but i think more people come here than the mag section, my bad. would anyone know if theres a price guide that list warrior mags? im guessing overstreet dosent cause they were british. any help?

Warrior full sets (1-26) in mid-grade sell for about £60 - and always sell.

Partial sets seem to sell for a lot less. It's quite inconsistent.

Also, it's a very hard magazine to get in real high grade - but it's seriously under-valued and under appreciated...

Amazing art - 1st appearances of V and Miracleman etc etc...

Copies are very common in the UK - London particularly. Copies are often found in mid to low grades in bargain boxes - in fact, I bought a near complete set for just 50p ($1.00) a copy recently.

Did you know in addition to the 1-26 run and the Marvelman special, there's actually a copy of the fanzine "Comics international" that has the final edition as a reverse section of the mag? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

This series is SERIOUSLY undervalued, probably because we Americans are biased against foreign (even British) comics. But, we have the first appearances of Miracleman and V/Vendetta, and Alan Moore's earliest work. The series thus had a profound effect in Britain and again in America as a major influence to the important independent movement of the 1980s. High grade copies of Warrior (1982) with these first appearances should be big bucks eventually, especially if slabbed.