• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS- John Romita Sr - Young Men #24 CGC 5.0 SS

24 posts in this topic

I think the only reason they call Showcase #4 the beginning of the SA is because the Atlas stuff fizzled out and it was closer to the GA stuff of the 1940's in terms of lineage. Sure FF#1 was huge but you still have to give some consideration to the DC stuff that came on the scene a few years earlier (even though a lot of it was very lame).

This era is one of my absolute favorites! I finally picked up my YM#24 just a few months ago to complete these two titles....now on to Cap, Torch and Subby!

The recent Heritage auction had just a killer set of YM books. If I didn't have commitments on other books I was seriously going to go after the #24, 25 and #27.

This era is one of my absolute favorites! I finally picked up my YM#24 just a few months ago to complete these two titles....now on to Cap, Torch and Subby!

The recent Heritage auction had just a killer set of YM books. If I didn't have commitments on other books I was seriously going to go after the #24, 25 and #27.

How bizarre.....I know I responded last night. confused-smiley-013.gif

Anyhow, I can't stand to deal with Heritage. I always feel like I've been cheated after I deal with them. That, and they tend to allow bidding to continue even after it ends on eBay as well as allowing employees to bid on items as well. They claim the employee bidders don't know what the other bids are, but I just don't consider them trustworthy.

I completed my runs of YM and MA with YM #24 which in in G/VG condition. Nothing like what Heritage would have to offer, but I'm happy with it and I could afford it.