• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fortress Worthy Comics- Art vs. Content!

7 posts in this topic

So, I came across a hidden box of old fortresses which I used to use to preserve some of my more precious comics before cgc. I've since had all of those comics cgc'd and sold them. But, the 'worthless' fortresses remain...

... I was thinking of putting some comics into them just for show. I have complete runs of all the Marvel superheroes thru the 70's minus the #1's of the sixties. Here's a question for the group. Which path would you take:

1. Put in the coolest cover examples based on artwork, and what would your top 10 to 20 choices be from Marvel from 60's thru 70's.

2. Put in the 'important' cover examples which I guess would be based upon content plus art, and which would your choices be here.

3. Put in your most nostalgic covers based upon which bring back those childhood slurpee moments, and which would yours be.

I'll give my list after I decide.... Of course, the nice thing about fortresses is that you can take things in and out. But, we won't go there, given the forum we are on.... 893naughty-thumb.gif

So, I came across a hidden box of old fortresses which I used to use to preserve some of my more precious comics before cgc. I've since had all of those comics cgc'd and sold them. But, the 'worthless' fortresses remain...

... I was thinking of putting some comics into them just for show. I have complete runs of all the Marvel superheroes thru the 70's minus the #1's of the sixties. Here's a question for the group. Which path would you take:

1. Put in the coolest cover examples based on artwork, and what would your top 10 to 20 choices be from Marvel from 60's thru 70's.

2. Put in the 'important' cover examples which I guess would be based upon content plus art, and which would your choices be here.

3. Put in your most nostalgic covers based upon which bring back those childhood slurpee moments, and which would yours be.

I'll give my list after I decide.... Of course, the nice thing about fortresses is that you can take things in and out. But, we won't go there, given the forum we are on.... 893naughty-thumb.gif

Dan,

Comics are JUNK & fortresses are useless nowadays,..as comic collecting is a dying art form.

Moreover,you should have dissolved the vestages of that dead era long ago. Youve been collecting OA to long now to still possess such garbage. What are you a Collyer?**

What do you think,...you might one day decide to buy a Human Torch #2(1)??????????????????????????

Shame on you....because you should know better.

20 years from now according to Delicatessen know one will be collecting comics anyways.

Throw them out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill-O

** http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collyer_brothers

Billo- how's it goin'?

Anyway, like I said, I got rid of all the #1's. These are my comics from when I was a kid. They are most likely not worth much as I read them many times, and they have slurpee juice all over 'em. I could probably take 10 years of backbraking labor and sell them all and buy a ms.marvel cover..... gossip.gif

.... every comic of real value was sold long ago.... hence all the empty fortresses... to pay for OA. Because I ain't stupid... this stuff is gold, Gold do you hear! makepoint.gif

Ok, now you can go back to another round with Deli.... y'know you guys have this good cop/bad cop thing so down that I'm starting to think you and Mr. Deli are one and the same person.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gifmmmm..... don't think you've ever been seen together....... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

How about putting the Fortresses up on eBay (you should more than get your money back out of them) and then roll the money into some art.

I've been told that in very non mint condition they go for about $15 a piece. Too much hassle to sell them for that.

But you can grade them "Ebay Mint" and it doesn't matter what they actually look like....then you can get $30....

Chris