• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wackiness ensues... the first Bloodshot #0 Platinum in a CGC holder!

13 posts in this topic

Is that one of forum members book? Theres this one guy that owns two of them nah?

The first copy "discovered" was purchased for about $15 from a dealer.

The second known copy went for $450 on eBay... to the same guy.

This graded copy is one of those two... but the owner has since traded

his second copy. So, yes... one guy had two copies, but he doesn't now.

It's possible that 15 of the 25 copies in existence have been found...

though they have not all been verified. I guess we'll see...

Now this book is officially classified a 'printing error' by CGC? I thought there was still some doubt as to how this 'variant' came about?

Now this book is officially classified a 'printing error' by CGC? I thought there was still some doubt as to how this 'variant' came about?

An interview with a couple Valiant editors and one of the "printing press operators"

has clarified that it was simply a mistake (no gold ink) during the test run (25 copies) of the gold variant.

The second test run (another 25 copies, no errors) corrected the problem,

and the full "gold variant" printing (5,000 copies) was run and distributed.

These 25 error issues went through the normal "sign-offs" and found their way

into a few hands (and possibly a couple found their way into trash cans) and

mostly disappeared for about 10 years. The discovery of one copy has lead to the discovery

of a dozen more, and also lead to the discovery of their origin & print run info.

I think (hope) we can "close the book" on this one, with little news in the future

except possibly locating the remaining copies... in time.

I expect a handful of the known copies will visit CGC at some point.

How much do you think this would go for at auction?

To much!! dont know why ppl pay so much for this comic? It's a freaking Bloodshot 0.... confused.gif

You've got that right. It's just Bloodshot #0.

I've got a regular version of Bloodshot #0 and I won't pay more than $0.25 for another.

I've got a gold version of Bloodshot #0 and I won't pay more than $8 for another.

This platinum printing error only has 25 copies in existence... so it really doesn't

matter what the book is... 25 in the world is hard to find.

When one is found... it's probably going to sell for more than it should.

To answer the first question, I probably wouldn't pay more than $200 for one right now,

but that's because I hope to find one cheaper later.

Once they're all known to be in appreciative hands... (no chance for a $1 discovery),

I'd probably pay more if I was still missing that issue.

The good news is... it only takes a demand of "26" to outweigh supply.

(And since 10 copies are still missing, demand only has to be 16.)

If comic collecting was logical, no one would ever pay more than the price of the paper.

So, let's see, Action Comics #1 should be about.... 10cents. grin.gif

[Once they're all known to be in appreciative hands... (no chance for a $1 discovery), I'd probably pay more if I was still missing that issue.

So, just for conversation, where do you think that $1 discovery might be found. A comic store whose proprietor doesn't know the difference, a yard sale, a flea market, buck a book store, in a big dealers bargain box at a large convention where it got buried in the back stock that he's trying to blow out to cover the table cost?

Just curious where folks make their Eureka finds. Would you look for this book in particular or would you keep it in a list in your head and hope that it clicks when you eyeball it (that's pretty much what I do).

dave h

I believe that almost all discoveries of this book have been made through someone

either connected with Sparta (former employees) or in close proximity to Sparta

(nearby dealer).

The easiest way to remember this book is the "no cover price" rule.

It's got no cover price, and it's obviously not gold... so that makes it "something else".

Hey Greg,

When did Erskine get this bad boy in? I do not see a thread on your site (maybe I missed it) regarding the book. I would assume that this is something that would be of interest....................... wink.gif

Hey Greg,

When did Erskine get this bad boy in? I do not see a thread on your site (maybe I missed it) regarding the book. I would assume that this is something that would be of interest....................... wink.gif

He took it to the Chicago Con... but they were booked for on-site and took it back to FL.

He got it back last week.

There's at least one thread on the messageboards on my site,

and I thought I put a blurb in the updates section.

Looks like I forgot! blush.gif