• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need some National Lampoon Help

5 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Need a little help. I'm looking for an article that I think appeared in the October 1982 edition of National Lampoon, the OC and Stiggs issue. The article was a mock parody about a guy who writes the cheerful little cards for Dry Cleaners ('Fresh as a flower in just one hour!') but who then descends into madness ('We'll clean out stains like blood and u-rine. We'll even clean the Shroud of Turin!')

If anyone has the issue and can scoot me a scan of the article, I have a sweet little comic book surprise for you!

Thanks

Shep

OK I have the issue, but the entire thing seems to be an OC and Stiggs issue. It'll take me a little while to find the part you are after. I am on the case!! acclaim.gif

You rock!!! I'm pretty sure it was that issue... it is possible that it isn't, but that's the issue I remember it being in.

Thanks man! I really appreciate the help.

Shep

OK, I have read the issue and cannot find any reference to the Hallmark greeting thing. There are about 45 pages of pure O.C. and Stiggs madness and I don't have a problem scanning them (it'll make a pretty big attachment) but I just don't think they are the ones you want.

I have got a lot of other Nat Lamps (almost complete run) so I am going to have a little reunion with them and see if I can find the article your after.

I know it is almost 22.00 there (it is midday here) so I'll understand if you don't post for a while.

Ooh Yeah headbang.gif

I believe that this was actually a phoney-bologna "advertisement" for cleaners in MAD Magazine sometime in the mid- to late-1970s; the "ad" showed a cartoon drawing of a man with one of those pointy Pope hats flying upward off his head while the printed portion was at the top & bottom of the "ad".