• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HULK 181........the most undervalued, overlooked, unapreciated key ever!

84 posts in this topic

Maybe we should start a thread on Hulk 181, as it seems very unapreciated to me. We could call it:

- Ultimates next Hulk 181? Don't think so.

or

- Will there be another Hulk 181?

or

- Is Daredevil 168 the next Hulk 181?

or

- Hulk 181

or

- If you want a laugh - Hulk 181 9.8 (not)

or

- What book would you rather have than a Hulk 181 CGC 9.4?

or

- The most valuable Bronze Age book in 20 years?

or

- CGC 9.9 HULK #181 "The One and ONLY" is going to San Diego Comic Con!

or

- For all you folks who paid THOUSANDS for HG Hulk 181...

or

- My Holy Grail is up!!! Hulk 181 CGC 9.8 oww

or

- Hulk 181 (again) in the 2003 Guide?

or

- Green Label SHOULD NOT affect collectability...

or

- deception on hulk #181.......?

or

- Yet another Hulk 181 thread

or

- Hulk 181 cgc 1.5

or

- Hulk #181, how high can it go?

or

- Hulk 181 How high can it go, 2!

or

- WOW!!!! HULK 181 CGC 9.9

or

- HULK #181 CGC 9.9!!! DAMN!

or

Any interest I may have ever had in this book whatsoever is now gone. I went from looking at the cover in awe as a 10 year old, to ripping out the cover to my O.S Grading guide so that I wouldn't have to look at a Hulk 181 everytime I picked it up

I would like to formally thank this forum for saving me thousands of $$$$ by making me NEVER want to own a copy of this book EVER. smile.gif

rantpost.gif

I would like to formally thank this forum for saving me thousands of $$$$ by making me NEVER want to own a copy of this book EVER.

That goes double for me!!

Gene

Any interest I may have ever had in this book whatsoever is now gone. I went from looking at the cover in awe as a 10 year old, to ripping out the cover to my O.S Grading guide so that I wouldn't have to look at a Hulk 181 everytime I picked it up

I would like to formally thank this forum for saving me thousands of $$$$ by making me NEVER want to own a copy of this book EVER. smile.gif

rantpost.gif

Preach, Brother!

The best solution is to create a brand new forum devoted solely 100% to the Incredible Hulk 181 holiest of holy grails. Then the 3 or 4 of us with no opinion on the matter can ignore it completely. Arch? Oh, Arch...

893Rant-Smilie-thumb.gif

rantpost.gif

Then maybe we really should start a few dozen more threads on this book...maybe it will frustrate even more of the CGC HIGH ROLLERS (yea bayby, yea!) around here and I can finally get a nice copy of this book for a more reasonable price. 893frustrated.gif

I've got agree with you on this one. I've never totally understood how Hulk #181 became so admired. It is a fun book and Wolverine is a good character, but I've always thought X-Men #94 was a more desirable Bronze Age book by far. It is nice to see X-Men 94 go for lots more than Giant Size X-Men #1 as I always thought that's the way it should be. It is like for years when Overstreet insisted that Fantastic Four #1 was more valuable than Amazing Fantasy #15 and AMS #1. I always knew that more people cared about Spidey than the FF and finally Overstreet accepted this in their pricing. I've gone off on a tangent here, but I like your thread and the good point it makes.

It is nice to see X-Men 94 go for lots more than Giant Size X-Men #1 as I always thought that's the way it should be.

Well, the current price reversal is all supply-based, as X-Men 94 was printed in far, far, far less quantity than GS X-Men 1. The dark cover exacerbates this supply imbalance even more.

But in terms of importance, GS X-Men #1 is by far the superior book, with the first New X-Men, the first Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, and the second full Wolverine. If HG supplies were equivalent, I could see GS X-Men selling for up to double the same-grade X-Men 94.