• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AMERICA'S OBSESSION WITH YOUTH - THE SIBLING SOCIETY

7 posts in this topic

People ask me all the time why I am so convinced that OA is going up in value.

Exhbit A

http://www.tmz.com/2007/06/08/paris-sob-story/

Having become jaded by the abuses of authority, the boomers of North America have torn down the traditional hierarchy within their families and within their communities. What's left is a "cultural flatness," where adults cling to self-absorbed adolescent values, television talk shows have more clout than elders, children are spiritually abandoned to fend for themselves, and in the place of community we have built shopping malls.

THIS IS GREAT FOR OA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has it been determined yet if you are KK? I haven't visited this area of the boards very much, but if it looks like KK, sounds like KK, and smells like KK---it must be KK. Correct me if I'm wrong please...and I don't mind being wrong.

Scott

Having become jaded by the abuses of authority, the boomers of North America have torn down the traditional hierarchy within their families and within their communities. What's left is a "cultural flatness," where adults cling to self-absorbed adolescent values, television talk shows have more clout than elders, children are spiritually abandoned to fend for themselves, and in the place of community we have built shopping malls.

Is this a quote or did you come up with this? Pretty on the money I'd say.... frown.gif

Is this a quote or did you come up with this? Pretty on the money I'd say.... frown.gif

From a review of poet Robert Bly's book - 'The Sibling Society'.

http://www.amazon.com/Sibling-Society-Robert-Bly/dp/0679781285

What...ya,...Dont - think, I can right like that? confused-smiley-013.gif