• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE FLY #1 NEW scans two different scanners

8 posts in this topic

Here is THE FLY #1 NEW SCANS TWO DIFFERENT SCANNERS

First set of scans is HP PHOTOSMART C4180 SECOND SET ARE FROM A EPSON PERFECTION 2480..Let me know what scanner seems to get the job done better or scrap em both and go for a different ones, 27_laughing.gif....

Picture041.jpg

Picture042.jpg

img137.jpg

img136.jpg

Well, the top edge of the cover has some minor wear, the bottom left corner is banged up, and the bottom edge of the back looks to have roughly 1/4" bent up. That is the worst of the damage. There also looks like a small patch of wear on the left side of the back cover, opposite the brown-haired kid's face. All told, I would give this book a 6.0-6.5 mostly due to the back bottom edge. It might look better in hand but from the scan it looks bad.

My scanner which is a C4180 doesn't seem to scan all that great here are some pics with my camera, the left side of my scanned comics seem to blur out and the scans just are not that great, even though i just bought this, i think i need to get one that does a little better job...Here is a pic from my camera....

177_7767.jpg

177_7768.jpg

Huh, it looks like my eyes were playing tricks on me. That area next to the kid's head looks pretty much like the rest of the white portions of the back cover. I think the overall quality of the page is just not so hot. Also, from the picture of the top half of the cover, it looks like the book is warped slightly. Is that just from what the comic is lying on? It looked flat in the scanned image, of course, which is why scanned images can be misleading.

If you could get a picture of the bottom edge of the back cover, that would be helpful. That is the sticking point with me in terms of grade.