• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: New addition to the Brockley family

11 posts in this topic

Now I think this is my first OT post and a few members have asked about it and even some, like Shadroch, even pointed me in the right direction with trying to find the right rims, so I would like to ask Arch or anyone else if they could leave this here. I've done business with lots who post here and none who post in the water cooler and I know a lot of the gen comics posters appreciate a fine automobile, so I thank you in advance.

The reason I haven't been spending money on comics or art in the past few months has been simple, I've been pouring all my money into a new baby. I know it's off topic but I wanted to share it with the general population.

charger%20best.JPG

Ok so here we go with the details, no HEMI, wanted to save some on gas as it's my daily driver. I did all the chrome trim myself, the pillar posts are steele backed with 3M, not that "plastic" ABS chrome junk, fender vents did myself also and are the same as the pillar posts, I ordered all from Auto Truck Toys took me about 2 hours to do all the prep and cleaning and for the fender vents, that was a *spoon* to get them all to line up.

22's came from B.C KX Wheels they came mounted and balanced with Pirelli Scorpions. Installed a K & N cold air intake and a chip to bypass the stability control to the rear wheels. 38% tint all around and all interior lights replaced with red LED's, at night it makes the tint actually look red.

Even though these pics were only taken last Saturday, I've already had one of my clients remove all the badges and buff it out so now all it says is Charger on the trunk, no 3.5L HO in the side anymore.

Last few things I have left to do are add a set of magnaflow duals in the back and I will be replacing the stock grille with an E & G Classic chrome Bentley grille. My client offered me his body shop so that I can paint my own calipers so I'll be doing that soon also.

The girlfriend had a photoshoot last week and the photgrapher had extra film so we used the car also in the shoot.

Some more pics

nscolor%20123.JPG

I love the lines the Charger has

nscolor%20125.JPG

22 inch Voodoo 403's, I looked long and hard for the right rim, I wanted something that would fill the wheel well but not show off much of the brakepads and rotors. Shadroch pointed me to a seller in New York but the shipping cost wouldn't have made it cheap, so the Voodoos were my second choice.

nscolor%20134.JPG

And even though I fear you photoshop gurus and this isn't the "what do you look like?" thread, I'll post a few of Nancy and I as our 3 years is coming up this month, plus she was part of the Cap & Mandi thread so shes no stranger here.

nscolor%20198.JPG

nscolor%20245.JPG

nancy.jpg

nancy2.jpg

So remember, no matter how many people might call you a geek for collecting comics, if you stick to it, stay in school and work hard, in time, you will be the one laughing at them as you roll by in a nice car with a pretty lady. Nothing but long days and hard work got me this so I take extra pleasure in showing it off, like I would a fantastic page of O/A

Thats my post for the week, just wanted to take everyones mind off some of the mundane things that happen in life on the boards

Hope you enjoyed it as much as I do showing you my hard work.

Thanks cool peeps and I would like some suggestions on what could make it better or what you don't like about it. I find people love the rims and vents but most opinions are split 50/50 on the chrome pillar posts.

But like I said, I'm open to suggestions.

Brock,

sweet looking ride bro!

I like the Pillars more than I like the rims. THe rims are nice and look sweet, so thats not what I am saying.

Are you looking to upgrade the head-unit and speakers? Maybe add a single sub and replace the stock speakers and add an amp? I recently added MBQuart component fronts and rears plus a PPI amp to my Accord and love it. Punchy enough to sound great but not the boomer loud that you ge twhen you add multiple subs and huge amps.

Rock on amigo headbang.gif

Brock,

sweet looking ride bro!

I like the Pillars more than I like the rims. THe rims are nice and look sweet, so thats not what I am saying.

Are you looking to upgrade the head-unit and speakers? Maybe add a single sub and replace the stock speakers and add an amp? I recently added MBQuart component fronts and rears plus a PPI amp to my Accord and love it. Punchy enough to sound great but not the boomer loud that you ge twhen you add multiple subs and huge amps.

Rock on amigo headbang.gif

Actually I was thinking of holding off on the inside, I still have a Panasonic head unit and a 1000 watt Kenwood amp with a 1.2 farad cap from my old system with 2 JL audio 15's but the subs won't fit in the car as its a custom box, so I'm selling the subs

JL Audio Subs

I had them built into my old Alero.

The thing with the Charger is the deck lid and rear fenders are like tin, thin as can be so I'm not sure the trunk is suited for anything more then a 10incher, I'm looking at getting one 12 in a nice box for the trunk but I'm iffy on puting the old head unit in. The great thing about the Charger is that it also has a full size battery in the truck as well as under the hood so when I hook up an amp and junk, the drain will be minimum.

I'll be looking at a sub in the next few weeks but the stock system has enough base for me for now.

And even though I fear you photoshop gurus and this isn't the "what do you look like?" thread...

1836952-togs2.jpg

Come on Bugaboo, you can do better then that, that is subpar for you, I figured you'd atleast dig out your ole "Ducky" pic.

That's my kitty, Toogly

when she was born, as a kitten she was ugly, very ugly, funny markings, didn't have a name for her we just kept saying "You are just too ugly"

so Toogly stuck

Good troll job though Bug, put alittle more effort into it next time champ. thumbsup2.gif

Oh and the icing on the cake that is my car.

Today Nancy and I were eating lunch in a McDonalds parking lot by my office which is beside a graveyard and a junior high school,

anyway, sitting in the car eating and I hear this rock skip across the ground and look over in time to see a second, much bigger rock, come flying and

BANG

Hit somewhere on the drivers door, and I see an "Urban Youth" by the trees in the graveyard peeking around a tombstone, so I ripped the car around and chased his *spoon* all the way to the other side, was about 20 feet from him and he jumped a fence and took off into what we call "The Projects" I just had toe surgery Wednesday or I would have jumped the fence also.

So what makes kids do *spoon* like that? just random stupid vandalisim? funny thing is if I caught him and broke his knuckles, I would be in trouble, but if I caught him and called the police, he would have got off scott free.

I was extra mad because I was invited to 2 local car shows this weekend and the last thing I need is a dent but I checked when I got home and didn't see a mark but I will check again in more light because the sound of the bang was loud enough to make me think it was going to be bad.

Ah well, my rant for the day.