• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alex's Paradise Comics Convention report

46 posts in this topic

Great report. 893applaud-thumb.gif

So is it that you always ask for an Elektra sketch if given a preference? (With some people declining to draw her?)

Great report. 893applaud-thumb.gif

So is it that you always ask for an Elektra sketch if given a preference? (With some people declining to draw her?)

I like to give options of Elektra, Wolverine or Vampirella. Some people do their own stuff, which is cool too.

Great report. The more of these I read the more I am convinced that I should make the trip next year. It seems that most of the reports so far have more sketches then actual comic book purchases. Seems like most people go for the sketches and signatures then to buy comic books.

It seems that most of the reports so far have more sketches then actual comic book purchases. Seems like most people go for the sketches and signatures then to buy comic books.

Last year, I got one sketch and bought 110 books. wink.gif

My own report from this year's show can be found here. It's waaaay too long and image heavy to repost on the forums. Hope that's okay!

It seems that most of the reports so far have more sketches then actual comic book purchases. Seems like most people go for the sketches and signatures then to buy comic books.

My own report from this year's show can be found here. It's waaaay too long and image heavy to repost on the forums. Hope that's okay!

Awesome report and great pics. Love the Dave Sim sketch! hail.gif

nice report. it probably would have been fine here, although the fact that you are female would have likely led to a good deal of stalking from our less than gentlemanly contributors...which is to say, most of them

Another girl on the boards 893applaud-thumb.gif A looker too 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Nice report thumbsup2.gif

Another girl on the boards 893applaud-thumb.gif A looker too 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Nice report thumbsup2.gif

Down boy

Down boy

I have no intentions of going to Canada tongue.gif

Cool Sim piece. Interesting idea for a sketchbook too. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Did you have Cary Nord or Kaare Andrews do something in it?

Down boy

What about luring to USA?

We know how your devious minds works

Down boy

What about luring to USA?

We know how your devious minds works

shy.gif

Nice Con Report. thumbsup2.gif

Clearly, this person has more "connections" than the average fan...

Still think that Simpsons Couch/diorama is pretty damn cool...

Cool Sim piece. Interesting idea for a sketchbook too. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Did you have Cary Nord or Kaare Andrews do something in it?

No, I didn't get any sketches (at least not permanent ones) from either of them. haha I actually didn't get any more sketches in that book at all this show. I asked one artist to do the second sketch in it but he was not comfortable with the theme so he declined. doh! I'm wondering if that's going to continue to be a problem? I guess we'll see at Cottage Con! I think maybe I just need to get a few more in there and people will be okay. Dave Sim was obviously fine with it since he's already drawn a Pope Cerebus in 'Church and State.' I'm hoping Paul Pope will be sketching at TCAF in August. How awesome would it be to have a Pope by Pope? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I'm wondering if that's going to continue to be a problem?

The Catholic Church hasn't been getting the best media coverage as of late, so you never know.

How awesome would it be to have a Pope by Pope?

27_laughing.gif

The Catholic Church hasn't been getting the best media coverage as of late, so you never know.

It was more a concern over drawing something that could be considered blasphemous I think, at least for this person. He said he was concerned about his soul. laugh.gif

Hi Ally. hi.gif

Hello Alex! hi.gif Sorry to hijack your thread!

It was more a concern over drawing something that could be considered blasphemous I think, at least for this person. He said he was concerned about his soul. laugh.gif

I guess that works too. blush.gif