• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman Red Son

12 posts in this topic

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the hell out of the story, but why are prices running up so high on them? issue #1 is hard to find <$20

Low print run?? Just an instant collectible?

I don't get it.... confused.gif

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the hell out of the story, but why are prices running up so high on them? issue #1 is hard to find <$20

Hoarded by Modern eBay dealers with cases of the comic sent to CGC for pre-grading. Should be able to get a slabbed copy soon of this heavily underordered comic..... Get 'em while they're hot! 893naughty-thumb.giftongue.gifconfused.gifgrin.gif

Jim

I was told that is was not heavily ordered by dealer because they thought it would not sell.

then came the high demand and bang.... Instant collectible!

I looked for it in my local store, he didn't order it cause he didn't think it would be a selling item. I went to a con to pick one up and bam the price was $15-$20. I think this a classic example of hording honestly. Look at ebay, there are tons there but the price is obscene.

Within a few months prices on nº1 will be ridicously high, there are really low copies around for the imense crazy fans community looking for them...basic capitalist rule.

thank God I got all three issues

do these fit in the CGC folder?

Yes of course, apart being a prestige format, it's a "normal" comic...slab these and if you get some high grades, wait a few months and you'll be a happy fella.

Yes of course, apart being a prestige format, it's a "normal" comic...slab these and if you get some high grades, wait a few months and you'll be a happy fella.

Kermit, it's been my experience that you have to strike while the iron is hot - slab them NOW and sell then NOW, you never know what a few months might bring . . .

Personally I am waiting for the TPB. Except for Batman, I wait for the TPB for everything . . . sad to say, I just lost patience completely with the monthly pamphlet. I actually had a pretty sweet #1 and #2 that I traded with some other not so hot DC books for a tex page from Ghost Rider #2. I figured what the hell . . . .

DAM

The price is jumping now, but who knows remember Origin or Transformers. The collecting community can be a fickle bunch.

Anyway the whole series was a really good read. I recommend it, even in trade. wink.gif

I say flip the individual books for cash and buy the trade when it comes