• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Original Art for sale - Surfer, Punisher, Thor, Hulk, X-Men

4 posts in this topic

Hello all. I am selling a few pieces of my collection to help pay for a new acquisition. Isn't that the reason most of us end up selling for anyway? lol. I have several affordable pages that I'm going to be selling. Feel free to make an offer and I will consider it. These pages haven't hit EBAY yet. I would prefer to sell them to fellow collectors while at the same time avoiding some of those nice fees. I will accept Paypal and US Postal money orders. PM me and I'm sure we can work something out. I will hold the art for the first takeit.gif since I don't sit by my computer checking PMs. I will then get back with you and we'll take care of business. Shipping is going to be $10 per shipment with insurance extra and highly recommended. Hopefully you'll find something you like and help us both out. Thanks in advance.

Chris

Silver_Surfer.jpg

The first up is a nice 11x17 Silver Surfer splash penciled by Scot Eaton and used for Marvel's 2005 Style Guide. These style guides are used as stock images that retailers can put on their products. Scot's Thor drawing was used on the Marvel Legends Icons 12 inch figure. I'm not sure yet what this Surfer splash has been used on, but it's out there on product. I'm looking for $125 on this one. This is a published splash for a commission price.

Marvel%20Style%20Guide%20-%20Punisher%20by%20Scot%20Eaton.jpg

Next up is the Punisher 11x17 splash done by Scot Eaton for the same 2005 Marvel Style Guide. I'm not sure if this art was used for the side panel on the new 12 inch Punisher figure in the Marvel Legends Icons line since I haven't seen the box yet.. However, I know the Thor drawing was used for the Thor figure. I'm looking for the same $125 for this one as well.

Thor_385_p19.jpg

Next up is page 19 from the classic Thor #385 by Erik Larsen and inked by Vince Coletta. I really hate to sell this one being the Thor fan that I am, but it really should be owned by a Hulk fan since it shows a classic Hulk image coming out of the fire and also shows him pounding Thor. mad.gif It has some nice editorial comments done in the margins in pencil and it is Erik Larsen's first Marvel work. There are some sound effect stats that have fallen off. You can see the glue stains where they fell off. The only other page I've ever seen offered for sale from this issue sold on a dealer website a couple of years ago for $450. It was a comparable page to mine. I am looking for $300 on this one since the stats are missing. It is still a nice page featuring a classic battle between two Marvel heavyweights.

Uncanny_X-Men_422_p17.jpg

Next up is page 17 from Uncanny X-Men #422 done by Ron Garney and inked by Mark Morales. It is a nice "splashy" page featuring Juggernaut and Sasquatch squaring off in the prelude to a nice battle. The Artist's Choice has a couple of the actual battle pages for sale currently. I'm looking for $100 on this page.

Thanks in advance for looking. flowerred.gif